We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Algeciras to Gibraltar to Tangier in a day?

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Algeciras to Gibraltar to Tangier in a day?

My sister and I will be in Algeciras for a day and then we plan to travel to Tangier for the night.

We were thinking about visiting the Rock and only the Rock for a brief moment. I suppose the cable car is the best way to get up there .

So I'm asking if it is reasonable to travel in the morning from Algeciras to Gibraltar, visit the Rock, and then take the ferry to Tangier all in a day.

Hopefully someone knows the amount of time it would take to accomplish this, and if we would arrive in Tangier in reasonable time to get a hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Algeciras
Algeciras
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Tangier
Tangier
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Algeciras to Gibraltar to Tangier in a day?

Correct me if I'm wrong but a ferry from Gibraltar to Tangier occurs once a week. So I'm looking at algeciras to Gibraltar and back to algeciras to catch the ferry.

Mentioned in this post
Tangier
Tangier
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Algeciras to Gibraltar to Tangier in a day?

Its perfectly doable. There are frequent buses to La Linea from Algeciras, and the trip is 45 minutes.

Depending on what time you left for Gibraltar, you could easily visit the upper rock, and be back in Algeciras for the 6pm ferry. Also, you will "gain" an hour on the trip to Tangiers, so for example, if you take the 6pm ferry, you will arrive at 630pm local time.

Bus timetable from Algeciras to La Linea

siu.ctmcg.es/es/horarios_lineas_tabla.php…

Ferry timetable/booking

http://www.frs.es/

Edited: 5:10 pm, May 26, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Algeciras
Algeciras
Costa de la Luz, Spain
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Algeciras to Gibraltar to Tangier in a day?

Awesome thank you so much for the information!

4. Re: Algeciras to Gibraltar to Tangier in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar