We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two people would like information about a summer job in...

2 posts
Save Topic
Two people would like information about a summer job in...

we are a couple - me (man 22-year-old) and my girl-friend (woman 21-year-old). We are from Czech Rep. and we'd like to work in Gibraltar in this summer. Probably from the beginning of June to the end of September. We would just like to get some information about the best way to find a part-time job in Gyb.

Thanx in advance for any info

Radim and Andrea

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,536 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two people would like information about a summer job in...

I am not sure that you will have much luck finding work as in general Gibraltar has full employment.

Most of the workforce are either Moroccan nationals who temporarily live in Gibraltar and work very hard to support themselves and family back in Morocco or are Spanish nationals who cross the border daily from Spain.

Gibraltarans travel to the UK for higher education and return to Gibraltar once they have graduated so their future is pretty much secure.

You may or may not find work; the summer period will attract many tourists and this in turn will require an increase in the workforce, many of the workers already employed can recommend friends in such cases and it is they who are more likely to be offered work.

In your case, you not only have the problem of looking for work when you get there but also to find accomodation; Gibraltar does not have much in the way of inexpensive accomodation and most of what you earn will soon be gone once you have paid for your food and lodging.

Check the following links; the first will set out the conditions for employment in Gibraltar and the others will show you just how many people are out there wanting to do just what you are thinking of.

Good luck

Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now