We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cannon hotel

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
cannon hotel

has anyone stayed in this hotel?

i will be in Gib to visit a friend and am curious as to how anyone found this place recently, the reviews on the site are from last year.

would it be better to stay in some of the hotels at La Linea?

they look better and are certainly much cheaper,

can you walk to Gibraltar town from here?

Spain
Level Contributor
278 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cannon hotel

The Cannon is not the best I have to say. My in laws always stay in the Iberostar in La Linea and love it. They book through Booking.com I think and always get a suite as it's about €3 more than a room through this site!

Definately walkable - about 5-10 mins to the border and get the bus from there into town although this can be walked too in about 20 mins. If you get the right weather it is a lovely walk.

La Linea is very up and coming with some great bars / tapas if you fancy a change from Gib.

La Linea de la...
Level Contributor
293 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cannon hotel

Totally agree with SpanishScouse. Iberostar is a great hotel.

Greetings.

gibraltar
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: cannon hotel

If you would like to stay on the rock, there is an accommodation boat in Marina Bay which is very good value at £25 pp.Close to all ammenities and a ten minute walk from the airport. Web address www. condios.co .uk. The Cannon is very noisey ive heard & crossing the boarder every day is annoying to say the least.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cannon hotel

thanks a lot for that, its definitely interesting and would save a lot of hassle.

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cannon hotel

Has anyone with any track record on TA actually reviewed this accomodation boat?

My view of the Iberostar is that you are not actually staying in Gibraltar - although the distances are not quite the same it is a bit like visiting London and staying in Croyden. Nothing wrong with Croyden but I would rather stay in Hampstead.

My sister stayed in the Cannon about 5 years ago - she was booked in for a week and checked out after 2 nights. She liked the Bristol much better, but the next time she stayed at Elliots getting a good deal on the mygibraltar website.

Maybe the have improved, they really should, because we could really do with a low budget but decent hotel. Is it so impossible, Travelodge and Premier Inn do clean and decent for about £70 a night and then special offers that are cheaper.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cannon hotel

gibraltarr....it's obvious that the person recommending this boat is actually the owner, so we have no idea what it's like.

Property owners are encouraged to take part in forums as long as they state their interest...that makes it fair. Not sure why this boat owner doesn't come clean.....

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cannon hotel

The post on this forum about the Cannon Hotel was not from me the owner of Con Dios. I'm new to Trip advisor forums so not quite sure how they work but I'll make sure people know who I am if I mention the boat..

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cannon hotel

Llanita, I suspected this, but felt that the poster should have the opportunity to say what their interest in the boat is. Gibafloat, I have noticed that you reply to any post about accomodation. It is lovely to have a reasonable alternative accomodation for visitors, but it is only fair to say why you are so enthusiastic and not give the impression that you have stayed on the boat as a paying guest.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cannon hotel

Have responded to some posts about accommodation. Wanted to let people know about alternatives available when staying in Gibraltar. As I said though this one not mine. Not the only posts I respond to though as I want people to enjoy their stays here.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cannon hotel

Hi

Gibafloat....I too think it's great that there's an exciting alternative to hotels in Gibraltar....I'll go and have a look when I'm next in Gib.

As I said before, everyone is welcome in these forums, that's the great thing about TA. By stating your interest you are not misleading anyone and your posts will not be considered self-promotion.......much fairer, don't you think?