We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do in gibraltar for a long weekend

Devon, England
1 post
Save Topic
things to do in gibraltar for a long weekend

I am travelling to Gib for a long weekend between 20 to 24 October 2005 and have never been there before. Wondering if there are any nice bars/restuarants that a single female won't feel too odd and conspicuous in! Am staying at the Rock Hotel and will be spending one day with some family members who are coming over from Spain. Have planned lots to do during the daytimes but really looking for some places to visit during the evenings, or more importantly places to steer well clear of. I am a confident person but there are limits!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do in gibraltar for a long weekend

Firstly Gibraltar closes on Sundays. You may find a few restaurants and bars open, but all shops will be shut.

There are dolphin watching safaris which take about 2 hours and a trip to the top of the rock and all the tunnels etc up there will take the best part of a day.

The Rock hotel is opposite the Botanical Gardens where you can spend an hour or two.

I can't say I noticed anywhere you should steer clear of.

Manchester, UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do in gibraltar for a long weekend

When you get to Gibraltar, you will need to buy a guidebook-you can't get them here, but they explain all the great places to go. As far as restraunts are concerned, the best places to go to are Queensway Quay and Marina Bay, which have absolutely wonderful places to eat out, and great nightlife. However, some of these places are full when you arrive-so prebook to ensure yourself a table. If you exhaust these options, try Casemates Square. There is also a lovely Italian restraunt outside the House of Assembly, on Main Street.

Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor