We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon package deals?

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west mids
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
honeymoon package deals?

Hello to all. Im marrying in gib next summer.Im on a tight budget and have just started to panic slightly at the prices that i will incur, but wonder if anyone has any tips as to cutting the costs. We are thinking of marrying at the botanical gardens and staying at the eliott and having our reception there too. We live in the midlands and need flights near to us. Ive looked at monarch etc but im surprised how much they want just for flights! Ive attempted to haggle with the Eliott regarding room prices to no avail, theyre saying im to pay £250 per night for a suite( im taking my 2 girls too) We only want/need to stay there maybe 3 nights, then were thinking of hiring a car or getting a taxi( whichevers cheapest) to our honeymoon, somewhere on the costa del sol, maybe nerja?Ive also looked at flying to malaga and taxiing it from there to gibraltar. Does anyone have any solutions regarding companies that can book me a s a package, or am i best booking everything separately? Im mind boggled at the moment. HELP!!!

south shields
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon package deals?

hello its just me agina!! have u looked at

www.gibraltar4less.com/gibraltarwedding.aspx

http://www.mygibraltar.co.uk/

http://www.medweddings.com/gibraltar.htm

these all do wedding packages and i think they include room hire in some of their packages

much cheaper to get a car than taxi, u can get cars from gib airport,, la linea and malaga airport. we got a car for about £50 for 4 days including a full tank, from

doyouspain.com

west mids
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon package deals?

Thanks!! Im looking into those!!

south shields
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon package deals?

i hope it helps, i contacted med weddings when they were starting to arrange yours and they were really helpful.

Chiclana de la...
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon package deals?

hi

i got married at the caleta hotel in july this year and it was perfect. and by what your saying, its alot cheaper than the eliott. to have the wedding in their very pretty garden, its £100. family suites are £100 per night too. you can have the your reception at their lovely nunos restuarant, again reasonable.

you can definately organise everything yourself, i never spoke to anyone, did everything via email and fax!

cheap hire car company www.carjet.co.uk we had no problems with them

friends flew into malaga. i think they said it was £90 for a taxi to gib.

we spent about £3000, and that includes absolutely everything, dresses, flights, reception for 24 guests, registrar, flowers,cake etc

hope this is of help

5. Re: honeymoon package deals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 11, 2009