We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i-pod prices UK vs Gib

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
i-pod prices UK vs Gib

My neice wants an i-pod for her birthday later this year & as I'm off to Gibraltar soon I was wondering if they are much cheaper out there than they are in the UK? Also will she encounter any problems with combatability when I get it back here? - I've bought electrical goods abroad before 'cos they were significantly cheaper only to get them home to find that I had to purchase all sorts of paraphenalia to get them to work, so they worked out to be not quite so cheap after all!!

Kent,England
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i-pod prices UK vs Gib

Not sure about ipods but not everything is cheaper in Gibraltar just because it is 'duty free'.I negotiated what I thought was a good price for a camera and my friend bought the same model on the internet £40 cheaper.

Best to check prices in shops here and internet before you go to Gib then you will know how they compare.The electricity in Gib is the same as UK

I visit Gibraltar frequently so have learnt to be careful when shopping.Many of the shops belong to the same family so there

isn't much price difference and you can always haggle.

Have a great time in Gibraltar.

2. Re: i-pod prices UK vs Gib

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, August 28, 2009