We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cigarettes

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
cigarettes

travelling to gibralter april/may from uk..........been told can bring 2000 cigarettes back.......not sure how true this is....as i thought it was 200 only.........any info on this be welcome ty

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cigarettes

Yep, only 200 I'm affraid; however I have bought 1000 and packed into my suitcase (extra 200 in hand luggage) and had no problem.

Also depends on how much luggage you have, if you have several suitcases you may be checked but in general they will not bother you.

Only if you plan to go over to Tangier, Morocco you may expect a baggage search at Tangier customs.

Note - If you dress cosmopolitan you are more of a likely target for search as opposed to dressing business-like.

I always dress smart to avoid hassle of any kind.

jklejna@aol.com

2. Re: cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar