We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vigo Transportation

Which Vigo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vigo Transportation

I am arriving by cruise ship and will only have the day in Vigo. Is there local transportation that I can take into the Casco Vello area? I understand that this is a great place for seafood and also is it close to the old town? Any help is muchly appreciated.

George

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vigo Transportation

We have written an article before as this question gets asked many times . Here is the link.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187509-c89385/Vigo:S…

Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vigo Transportation

Thank you for your reply. Your information is very helpful.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vigo Transportation

Thank you for the comments.

After your visit and if you think the article needs additional information then please don’t hesitate to make them.

We wrote it after visiting Vigo, but not as a visitor from a cruise ship, as we live in Galicia. Hence we might have missed some details that are applicable to cruise visitors.

Ian and Irene

Western Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vigo Transportation

We visited Vigo on a recent cruise and booked a private tour with Brendan from Guided Galacia (http://guidedgalicia.blogspot.com/) I am sure that he would be able to help you visit any area that you would like.

Brendan was born and bred in New Zealand but he and his wife have relocated to Vigo, which was her home town. He is fluently bilingual and also speaks Galician (spoken by the local folks and quite different from standard Spanish, I understand.)

There are some suggested tours on his site but my family asked Brendan to suggest an itinerary that would be interesting to the adults and a ten-year old. Some passengers on our cruise ship had complained that there was nothing to see in Vigo, but we had an absolutely wonderful day, ranging from a 2000 year old Celtic village in the mountains to a seaside fishing village, as well as having time to explore Vigo itself. We also found some interesting shopping and had some wonderful local food and wine -- all at reasonable (non-tourist trap) prices. And Brendan is a delightful fellow who is very knowledgeable about the area -- we had a great day with him.

5. Re: Vigo Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 30, 2010