We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct train, from Santiago De Compostela to Madrid.

Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Topic
Direct train, from Santiago De Compostela to Madrid.

I would like to take the train from Santiago De Compostela to Madrid.

But I noticed that there is no direct train on September 28. And there is a direct train other dates of ALVIA 04284.

I want to know, ALVIA 04284 on September 28 to stop running it? Or temporarily not sell tickets?

Thank you very much.

Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct train, from Santiago De Compostela to Madrid.

There is no direct train to Madrid on the 28th September.

You will have to take the AVANT 09111 to Ourense and then change trains onto the ALVIA 04094 for Madrid

You can find the details and book tickets here -> http://www.renfe.com

Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct train, from Santiago De Compostela to Madrid.

It is also worth checking if there is a direct train nearer your date of departure. This is because the train company sometimes will not update their timetable until the last moment.

It is worth checking at the start of September to see if there is a direct train on the 28 September.

Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct train, from Santiago De Compostela to Madrid.

Also forgot to mention about the Trenhotel, which I have caught in the past. It can be expensive but the good thing is, it travels overnight .... departs about 22:10 and arrives in Madrid 08:00 the next day.

Cabins are 2 or 4 berth, 1st Class means you have toilet/shower facilities in the cabin whilst 2nd class you do not. You can also book recliner chairs if the cabin option is not suitable for you.

From experience, I know that the Trenhotel timetables are published very late on the Renfe website, so it is worth checking 4 weeks before you travel. This is a direct route.

Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct train, from Santiago De Compostela to Madrid.

Thank you ,Mike M ~

5. Re: Direct train, from Santiago De Compostela to Madrid.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 26, 2014