We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castellers in July

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Castellers in July

I was in Tarragona around 14 July last year and came across Castellers. There was also music, bouncy castle and other activities going on for kids. I will be returning again this July around the same time and wonder if this was some sort of annual festival as we would love to see the castellers again this year.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castellers in July

hi,

For information about castelling calendar, the best option is check this webpage:

cccc.cat/contents/calendar-of-performances-6

The information is update as the month approaches....

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,812 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castellers in July

There's a Tarragona event listed for 6th July but I can't see anything yet for the following weekend in the city. However very close by (a couple of stops on the railway line in the Barcelona direction) there is a "Diada de les Cultures" in the pretty town of Altafulla which has four teams of castellers with the local team 'Els Violets' supported by some of the most highly regarded casteller groups. I'd consider getting there early for this one.

We were in Altafulla in November for their local festival and saw castellers there . Photos and story here ...

…travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

Careful, though. Castellers are addictive. We're hoping to attend a practice session on Friday night and expect to attend at least five events between now and October.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castellers in July

Hi Pandachris,

Do you know if there will be any during August? Would love to see it.

Mags.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,812 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castellers in July

There are events through the month Mags and you're near Valls which is where it all began. Check the calendar on cccc.cat above or let me know your dates and I'll try to identify a couple of nice ones. I take you'll have transport. I spy several events in towns and villages in the Tarragona region, including some by the strongest colles.

This season seems very competitive with many teams buillding towers of 8 and 9 high and Vilafranca at least talking about trying some 10s (these are incredibly difficult and very rarely attempted) so you could see something special (I've taken part in a few 9s but have never yet seen a 10). We did see this incredible 'pilar' of 6 in Reus the weekend before last, though - our first.

…travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/penguinch…

The bottom level is obscured.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castellers in July

hi,

I also suggest to check this webpage, it's the most easy way to find them:

http://www.cccc.cat/contents/august-52

As pandachris2 has said this seasons is really competive and has a very high level....there are several groups with castles of nine leves now and about the pilar of 6 also: Barcelona, Gracia, Vilafranca, Minyons, Castellers de Terrassa, Sants,.....

6. Re: Castellers in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 05, 2014