We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Kent
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Are considering booking with Eurocamp for this campsite - has anyone been who can tell us where Eurocamp's pitches are- particularly if they are near the road or near the disco. Also, can any one give reviews for this site - there are none listed on TripAdvisor. Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Great campsite, emplacements quite near to disco but disco can be heard all over site.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Love it and am taking my own caravan again over next week for Easter (will put it into storage and go again for the school summer holidays to do a bit of touring before bringing it back.

Last time we were there the Eurocamp pitches were nearer the top of the site (closer to the amphitheatre, entertainment, etc) but this may have changed. They are far enough away from the main coast road for you not to be bothered by much traffic noise. The railway splits the site from the beach but because of the small hills & tree it doesn't cause a disturbance. I have to say, we've never been disturbed by the disco but there again we are usually down below the pool area well away from most of the action.

Early/late in the season the outdoor (heated) pool is one of the best I've used anywhere. The staff are wonderfully friendly and it's a short walk to a pleasant beach. There are loads of things to see in the area and it's not a bad drive from the UK.

What time of year are you planning on going? The site is quiet outside of the main Spanish holidays. They are very lively when they're there. Siestas are still the norm and when we're getting ready for bed in the toilet blocks the Spanish are blow drying their hair, putting on make up and getting ready for a night on the tiles!

www.barapark.es/index.asp?doc=this&sec=1

stevenage
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Hi, Went to this campsite last year. Was brilliant. Really attractively laid out and the swimming area is stunning. Wouldn't worry too much about the road. There is one that leads into sight but it is mostly car free. We camped ourselves so can't recall exactly where eurocamp pitches were. The animation was brilliant with it all set in the ampitheatre which is away from the pitches. All the noise stops about 11pm anyhow. Really, really liked the campsite and was handy as well as the beach was just a few mins walk from pitch to back of site.

Canterbury, Kent
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Thanks for your message - have booked and are going this August so really pleased that your post was so positive!

Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Excellent site,first went there 21 years ago when kids really young. Have holidayed all over France over the years and this has to be one of the best sites. We returned last year after doing the package ho, which we also enjoyed, but the camping seems to be in our blood even at 50.

Next week we are returning to Playa bara with my son and girlfriend and daughter and boyfriend and have no doubt that they will enjoy themselves, they are college students.

You will have a brilliant time there. Enjoy !

Cork
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Can anybody tell me where the Canvas tents are pitched on site please

7. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:53 am, August 08, 2009
Cork
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Well nobody replied to me when I asked about location of canvas accom. However I am back now and I can tell you....The bigger 3 bed mobiles are near the entrance to the site. Near the evening entertainment complex. Also conveinent to pool but the shop accross the road is prob a bit nearer than the site shop.

the other mobiles are at the other end of site nearer the site shop and beach. Pool is conveinent enough to them also.

Did not use train but people next to us went to Barcelona with 4 kids and said it was very esy and cheap.

Overall is the best site we have stayed on and have booked for next year again

9. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:53 am, August 08, 2009
Belfast
Level Contributor
63 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park Playa Bara, Roda de Bara

Hi

Just back 10 days from our first trip to Playa Bara and it was easily the best site we have ever been on.It is clean, beautifully landscaped and has great facilities on site. It has direct access at the back of the site to a great stretch of beach with Restaurants, cafes etc. On site there are numerous bars and places to eat and an open amphitheatre with entertainment every night. If you have a car it is so much easier as the site is not within walking distance of much-just the very busy N340 road. a day trip to Barcelona is easy withh the train from St Vincens de calder in Coma Ruga only 4km away and the journey to Barcelona only an hour. Tarragona which is about 20km away is also well worth a visit.

Let me know if you need any more info.