We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily travel to Barcelona from Sitges

Aberdeen, Scotland
3 posts
Save Topic
Daily travel to Barcelona from Sitges

Hi folks,

I'm planning a holiday to Barcelona in the first week of October. Looking at prices, it seems we can get a nicer hotel in Sitges, close to the beach and 500m from the train station rather than getting a hotel in one of the Barcelona suburbs.

Would you recommend taking the train daily to Barcelona from Sitges? Will we be able to get a late night train back to Sitges after dining in Barcelona in the evening? Will the trains cost a lot of money?

I thought Sitges might be good because it's half way between Barcelona and the Parks at Tarragona.

Also, it might be easier for us to get to the airport for a 9am check-in.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me! :)

CGN
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily travel to Barcelona from Sitges

Hey Hangovermonkey,

The train between Sitges and Barcelona is very convenient and runs about every twenty minitues. The last train leaving Barcelona Sants Train Station is a little after midnight and gets you into Sitges at 12:46AM. You can download the train schedule at www.renfe.com and get an idea about the times and fares. I'm sure they have some type of pass that would be chaeper than point-to point but don't know.

I don't know about the airport situation, we are going on to Valencia and then to Madrid so I didn't check about connections to the Barcelona airport.

Enjoy your stay, all of Spain is wonderful.

CGN

uk
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily travel to Barcelona from Sitges

You can get a bus or train from Sitges to the airport very easily for next to nothing , or a taxi will cost in the region of E40 if pre-booked.

The theme parks are easily reached by train but a change is required and the train takes you right to the park , October is a good time to visit as the queues will be much shorter for the major rides.I have only ever driven and it takes less than 45 mins by road and is very easy to find , you can hire a car for the day very reasonably.

Although there is no problem with late night trains from Barcelona you may well find that you will prefer to eat out in Sitges , there are many very good restaurants on your doorstep.

apart from the beaches ,Sitges also has museums and galleries itself which are well worth visiting.

you will enjoy your stay .

Aberdeen, Scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily travel to Barcelona from Sitges

Thanks very much for your replies folks!

Our holiday is now booked and I'm looking forward to seeing the area very much :)