We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyde
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

I am booked in at the Galeon hotel with my partner and 11 year old daughter in late October but quite a few reviews have said this hotel is unsuitable for families with one reviewer saying they had felt really uncomfortable. I am really worried now as it will be our first time to Sitges and I am unfamiliar with the hotels in the area. Can anybody please offer any advice or opinion as to whether we would be best looking at another hotel? Can I also ask what Sitges is like in late October and whether it is still busy. Thanks in advance for anybody kind enough to respond.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
744 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

What do you mean by 'uncomfortable'? - the beds?the sofas in the reception? Or perhaps it is a veiled comment on the clientele? The Galeon is in a prime position in the heart of town. It has a small swimming pool, and as far as I can see is used - and enjoyed - by clientele of all combinations, ages and persuasions.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
744 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

p.s. There will still be enough places open (in fact the majority) at the end of October, and the weather can be very pleasant.

Hyde
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
3. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

Thanks for your reply Sitgeslover. The reviewer had said that they had been made to feel uncomfortable as the only family in the hotel by other guests! I had read similar comments on various other review sites which is why I wondered if I should look elsewhere. I think I will just go anyway and judge for myself as it does look a lovely little hotel. I am really excited to be visiting Sitges for the first time and I hope I love it as much as everybody else on this forum. Thanks again!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
744 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

Just come and enjoy Sitges, and don't be too influenced by others who might have their own 'agendas'. I have stayed in the Galeon once (before we bought our own apartment in Sitges) and thoroughly enjoyed it. That was over 10 years ago, and people say it is even better now.

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

Galeon is a fantastic friendly hotel, we stayed there in June for 2 weeks and were very impressed. The rooms were lovely, all hotel staff were friendly and very helpful and breakfast was the best I've had in a hotel.

The guests were a mixture of straight and gay couples and singles both young and old and some families

both British and European. We found everybody very friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere at the hotel.

Go and I'm sure u'll have a brilliant holiday. We would stay there again.

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

Galeon is a fantastic friendly hotel, we stayed there in June for 2 weeks and were very impressed. The rooms were lovely, all hotel staff were friendly and very helpful and breakfast was the best I've had in a hotel.

The guests were a mixture of straight and gay couples and singles both young and old and some families

both British and European. We found everybody very friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere at the hotel.

Go and I'm sure u'll have a brilliant holiday. We would stay there again.

Derby, United...
2 posts
1 review
7. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

I've stayed in The Galeon numerous times for the Sitges Film Festival and have never had a problem. For the price it's a really nice hotel.

Hyde
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
8. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

Thank you so much for your replies. We really just want to use the hotel as a base and have a few nice days in Sitges and visit Barcelona and Tarragona, so we are just going to enjoy it. Just went into panic mode when I read a few reviews about it not being suitable for families! Thanks again

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

Galeon is a perfect hotel! Central, great staff, friendly and I would only stay there when visiting. The comment by that poster seems judgemental. Hope you tried the hotel and loved it -- I do.

10. Re: Is the Galeon hotel suitable for families?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 10, 2014