We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

Looking at a recent Monbus schedule it looks as though for August they have buses going every half-hour starting in the morning (as opposed to only running this twice an hour after 12 noon).

Can anyone confirm this? I always thought it was only one bus an hour (40 mins past the hour) but hope I wrong.

Also, I have heard signage in finding the bus to Sitges is tricky. Any pointers would be most useful so thanks in advance!

121 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,081 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

Yes, at certain times of day the Mon-bus does now run every 30 minutes.

The Mon-bus departs from Terminal 1 only, so if you are arriving at Terminal 2 take one of the free shuttle buses.

Mon-bus leaves from stands 8-10. As it comes through from Barcelona it only stops for a couple of minutes, so watch out for it. You might well find other travellers at the stop who know which bus to look for and will tell you when it comes in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

Thanks Wirepiper!

Travelling on a Wednesday arriving via BA which gets in at around 10:00 am so may miss the 10:40 by the time I get luggage/find the bus stop. Fingers crossed there is another service at around 11:15.

Thanks for info on the stands - that is helpful to know!

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,081 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

Well, BA uses Terminal 1, so that's a good start.

You've a good chance of making the 10.40, and in my experience they are often a few minutes late coming out of Barcelona.

Enjoy your trip to Sitges - I wish I was going!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

Thanks!

It's heaven on earth there.....but a bit hot!

Best regards,

D

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

We shall be arriving at Barcelona airport next Tues and catching the Monbus to Sitges. We arrive in T2 so need to get free shuttle - are these clearly marked outside the terminal? Also when looking out for Monbus what colour is it bus and we pay when we get on?

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,081 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

>>> We arrive in T2 so need to get free shuttle - are these clearly marked outside the terminal? <<<

Yes

>>> Also when looking out for Monbus what colour is it bus and we pay when we get on? <<<

It's usually red and white, although occasionally they use a blue and white one. It will have a 'mon-bus' fleetname on it. pay the driver. It is about €5.50 one-way to Sitges (return tickets are not sold).

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

Thank you so much for the info this will help us when we arrive. Xx

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

Oooh have the fares gone up?? It was under €3 last october

London, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

Hi can you please tell me, getting the bus from sitges to the airport is that also stop at terminal 1? How long is the journey? Is there a stop near hotel Capri?

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,081 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.

@ rawtalent - yes, there is now a €2 surcharge on all journeys to and from the Airport - I understand this is imposed by the Government.

@ spicyhippo - the stop in Sitges is on Rambla del Migdia, alongside Parc Can Robert (by the big 'SITGES' letters). From the Hotel you need to walk up Avinguda de Sofia away from the seafront, turn right into Passeig Vilanova i la Gentru then left t the roundabout into Rambla del Migdia/Passeig Vilafranca - the bus stop is just past the railway bridge. Journey time is about 25 minutes, but allow more as the buses are sometimes late and occasionally don't turn up at all.

Edited: 6:31 am, August 03, 2012
Reply to: Catching Monbus from Barcelona Airport to Sitges.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted