We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castelldefels

devon
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Castelldefels

Hi

I am travelling to Castelldefels in Sept.

Can anyone recommend places to eat at budget prices please?

(the restaurants reviewed are out of our price range)

I know that this is the Sitges Forum but noone seems to reply to the Castelldefeels forum site!

thanks

VPS
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castelldefels

Head into the main town and eat at the numerous places that serve a 'menu del dia' with 3 or 4 courses, including wine for anything between 9 and 14 euros. Just wander round and look at the options. The seafront will be tourist prices generally but you will still find menu del dias as well.

Try buying some nice food in the supermarkets and have some picnics on the beach as well.

devon
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castelldefels

Many thanks

We will walk into town

staying on an old boat at port inesta end so will need simple fare from the supermarkets too

thank you for your help

devon
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castelldefels

Port Ginesta

VPS
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castelldefels

We used to have our boat in Port Ginesta. You can get a good menu del dia from the restaurant furthest from the entrance at the Capitana end. Run by Chinese but good choice and quality. The Indian at the other end is popular with expats on a weekend. Only eaten there once and it was 'okay'.

devon
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castelldefels

Ok, I have tried that restaurant but they did not show me a menu del dia.

I will ask for it this time.

If you can think of any other advice or tips for things for me to do/see/try locally

that will be great

Liberty

VPS
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castelldefels

That's strange because the menu del dia is always on a blackboard outside the restaurant but they probably try to flog the al a carte to tourists.

7. Re: Castelldefels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 10, 2012