We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitges in July with teenagers

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sitges in July with teenagers

Just reading another post about an August holiday with teenagers and there being nightlife in August.

As we are planning to stay in the Aiguadolc area last week of July - will the clubs/nightlife be open then for the teens?

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sitges in July with teenagers

I also have another question related to above - are there non-gay clubs too?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sitges in July with teenagers

Two very good questions. I'm sure there is a club at the marina. I don't know if there is a straight club in the town itself. If there is I'd imagine it to be full of locals as Sitges doesn't attract the young holiday maker crowd (well not the straight ones) It also depends on what type of clubs you'd be interested in.

There are plenty of non gay bars / dance bars and they are probably a better idea anyway. The 2 gay clubs don't get busy until after 2 AM.

Edited: 9:08 am, June 14, 2010
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sitges in July with teenagers

sitges is know as 'gay resort' usually by foreigners, but is actually a favorite weekend/holiday resort for spanish people of any sexual preference, and a favorite romantic destination for honeymooners (who usually are straight couples). so of course there are non gay-exclusive places in the main town, most of them are just friendly to everyone.

uk
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sitges in July with teenagers

There is a club in the Marina , Sweet Pacha , but very often won`t even open until 2 or 3 am as it caters for the after club clubbers , at least this was the way it worked last Summer .

Up in town the bars stay open until past 4 anyway so the need for " clubs " is not say great as it is in the UK , the main street for partying is Dos de Mayo , a mixture of both straight and gay bars . the back streets have a lot of music / dance bars that you just have to open a few doors to find .

My teen daughters favourite , she is 18 , is Club Magma I think , on the main street Parralledas , cocktail / dance bar , a generally younger crowd than most places but you will find a huge cross - section of ages , the Spanish do not seem to segregate as much.

If its partying they like , you are going to the right place but be warned everything is VERY late in Sitges , do not expect bars to get busy much before midnight.

have fun

Edited: 3:57 am, June 15, 2010
5. Re: Sitges in July with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, June 15, 2010
UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sitges in July with teenagers

Thanks for your answers to all. Sounds like it's a good mix, something for everyone.

7. Re: Sitges in July with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 13, 2010