We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
190 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

Hi,

I'm on my way to Sitges this Sunday for a week. Can someone please tell me what the weather is like at the moment? I keep reading contradicting forecasts.

Will I be needing jumpers and will it be warm enough to go to the beach?

Planning on going to Barcelona a few times, but would be nice to be able to have a beach day.

Thanks in advance.

JC

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
866 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

I've got a place in Sitges and will be arriving Monday. As far as I can see from the weather site we use, the weather should be in the region of 18 / 19 C - so no need for jumpers! And it certainly should be warm enough for the beach - if not the sea!

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
190 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

Ooh I hope it's warm enough for a swim in the sea!

Thanks. Can't wait to get going now.

VPS
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

Sorry guys but you still need a jumper when the sun goes in later in the afternoon at the moment. We are getting some cool winds at the moment. Otherwise, in the sun it's pleasantly warm, today was 24 degrees. The sea is still cold though so dipping your toe in may be as far as you'll get

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
190 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

Ok Thanks.

So, jumper / jacket for the evening it is. 24 sounds great for the day though. Us brits can tolerate freezing sea water - we get it all the time here :-)

Thanks for the advice.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

Just got back from a week in Sitges, temperatures varied from 19 - 27 degrees C.

Spent a few days on the beach and even in the sea so pack your suncream! Still managed to get sunburn on the Barcelona bus too...

Gets cold at night though, needed a jumper on in the evenings, and there were some rain storms during the late afternoon / evening.

Derbyshire
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

We're on our way to Sitges on Thursday, do you have any idea what the weather is like for the weekend?

Is it still warm? Any chance of some sunbathing?

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
190 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

Hi,

I got back on Sunday.

We found the weather quite mixed - although no rain!

We had a lovely hot day on the beach where we swam in the sea, but then the next few days it was to cold to do so.

I would pack a mixture. Definately take a jumper / jacket for the evening! Some days we were in jeans / T-Shirts, some days shorts.

Whatever you wear - slap on the suncream! We managed to get burnt on a cloudy day. :-(

We had a really nice time, I hope you do too.

8. Re: what's the weather doing? Jumpers needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 09, 2009