We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

suttoncoldfield
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

is it possible to travel direct from barcelona airport to sitges by train, if so how much and how often.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

There are no direct trains from the airpot to Sitges. You're only option by train is to take the Barcelona-bound train from the airport (Line 1) and change at El Prat de Llobregat. From here, you have to take Line 2 which will take you to Sitges (direction Sant Vicenc de Calders).

You have trains every half hour from the airport and at most you'll have to wait about 35mins at El Prat for the connecting train. Total travel time is about an hour.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

Quicker wd be to get taxi to Castelldefels station (a few kilometres) and hop on train from there to Sitges. Train journey from there only about 10 minutes.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

Word of warning for train travellers.....

Left Sitges Saturday afternoon. Whilst boarding train in Sitges with both hands carrying bags I felt someone slip their hand in my pocket to grab wallet. Luckily my wallet has a chain so would not have been easily swiped and I felt the guys hand.

He used a beach towel to disguise what he was doing, looked just kike a regular person coming off of the beach. I got the impression that this was a regular scam. They wait by the doors and move with the throng as everyone crowds to join the train.

A friend also stopped a guy stealing the bag he had left by his feet in a restaurant just by the beach. Thief was sat behind and banged my friends chair seemingly to make more room at the table.

Lovely place to visit and would go back again, just make sure you are not lulled into a false sense of security.

uk
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

Yes, but you need to change at Barcelona Sants but easy to do and very cheap about 2.30 euro each leg, better still is to get the MONS aircon coach which leaves every hour to and from on the airport ..and is direct and costs 2.30 per person one way drops off in centre of Sitges.....as you leave airport exit door walk left to end of 1st covered area and a bus stop with MONS on it is not easy to spot but look carefully, it has the timetable but its more or less hourly ...what ever u do dont get a cab ...65 euro plus

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

Although the cab is expensive, it shouldn't be as much as ���������������������������65. We were just under ���������������������������60 from the airport to Melia hotel and ���������������������������50 for the return journey. When there is 4 of you, the price doesn't seem so bad and it saves the hassle of getting from the bus/train station back out to your hotel.

england
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

Cab fares vary from 45 to 60 euros, and the train journey is pretty easy- dont go all the way into barcelona sants, change at El Prat (change to middle platform) about 2.50 euros single.

england
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer from barcelona airport to sitges by train

Cab fares vary from 45 to 60 euros, and the train journey is pretty easy- dont go all the way into barcelona sants, change at El Prat (change to middle platform) about 2.50 euros single.