We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i have a phobia of moths...

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
7 posts
Save Topic
i have a phobia of moths...

but i've been fortunate in greece in july not to encounter any except tiny ones. could anyone tell me from their observations whether i'm likely to have a similarly pleasant experience in sitges?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,318 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i have a phobia of moths...

I suggest buying a bug spray at the supermarket when you arrive. Spray a few places in the room, such as the corners and closet before you leave for your day's activities. When you get back to your hotel, your room will be bug free and you will feel better.

newcastle
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: i have a phobia of moths...

good idea, will definitely do that when we arrive so there won't be any when i bed down for the night! so when you're out on the town or eating at nights, do you see any moths? sorry to bug you, i have a real neurosis about moths, needless to say.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,241 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i have a phobia of moths...

I have been many times to Sitges and I lived for years in Vilanova (next town) and I still spend these many weekends. I have not a phobia to moths, but honestly, I can remember seeing many of them, only the odd tiny one now and then... The same here in Barcelona, maybe one every other month or less. Incidentally, 2 days ago a huge one entered my flat, but I've to say it's the first time I see one of these in 6 years living here!!

BTW, there are ultrasound insect repellent devices, I do prefer these to sprays. I really do not like the idea of spraying chemicals where I will sleep!

newcastle
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: i have a phobia of moths...

thanks for the info, that's good to know! i'll look out for the ultrasound repellents etc as well.

5. Re: i have a phobia of moths...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, October 04, 2009