We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pere De Ribes

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
San Pere De Ribes

I'm trying to organise a family villa holiday for 11 and have managed to find the perfect villa after many nights on net! However, it is located just outside San Pere De Ribes and ideally we wanted to be in walking distance of Sitges to allow maximum independence for family members who tire of the pool etc. I'm told it is a 15 min drive away.

Can anyone advise me as to whether there is any public transport in that area and whether in fact walking into Sitges is possible - we are all pretty fit and a 30 minute walk would be quite acceptable.

Thanks in advance

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
256 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Pere De Ribes

Hi, definitely Sant Pere de Ribes is not a walking distance from Sitges. I know there is a bus that goes from Sant pere to sitges. with a car you have less than 15 minutes with no traffic, maybe 10 or less. this is the website of Sant Pere de ribes cityhall

http://www.santperederibes.org

anyway, check how far from the city center is the villa, since you will have to walk there to take the bus.

Regards,

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Pere De Ribes

many thanks conxita. i'll take a look at the website and also see what the feeling is on hire car(s)

jooliah

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
256 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Pere De Ribes

Hi, if you want to rent a car while in spain try the web www.doyouspain.com I have used them several times and it is perfect. they have the best prices and you only have to give your name (not your credit card number) and you pay when you pick up the car. Just make a simulation in their web and compare prices. You can pick up the car at the airport if you come by plane and you will save a lot of time and money to arrive to Sant Pere de ribes or sitges. Let me know if you need additional information. I know the area very well.

Conxita

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Pere De Ribes

A little late in answer to your question, But I thought if you ain't gone yet no harm in the reply.

We stay from time to time in a place named vallipaneda, just a mile or so from Sitges town centre,

This is just touching sant pere de ribes

We find the buses very good, a good 30 mins walk though

On a hot day its a lovely walk

And some shops along the route to take refreshment in if needed.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Pere De Ribes

By the way

I have found Amigoautos.com

To be a lot cheaper than the one already listed

6. Re: San Pere De Ribes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 21, 2009