We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

Cj828
Level Contributor
15 posts
visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

Hello, I am staying in Spain for 2 weeks and want to split my time between Barcelona and Sitges…….I have some questions about Sitges and need your help:

1.Can anyone recommend hotels and restaurants in Sitges?

2.What is the best way to travel from the Barcelona airport to Sitges?

3.Is the crime rate high in Sitges. I read in the Barcelona forum that there are lots of pickpockets in the city (near the Olympic Village). Is there any area in Sitges that I should absolutely avoid?

4.Is it safe to travel alone at night, say after 11 p.m.?

5.What’s the nightlife like in Sitges? Any good places to recommend?

Thanks a million!!!

Barcelona, Spain
13 posts
1. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

Check

guidemag.com/travel/invoketravelarticle.cfm…

Barcelona, Spain
13 posts
2. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

The cheapest way to travel from airport to Sitges is by train, you have to change at El Prat de Llobregat Station. It takes 5 min. airport-El Prat and then 25 min. El Prat-Sitges. The ticket should be less than 3 €.

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

Sitges is as safe as can be.

don't carry a purse carelessly, don't set it down to be snatched away.

Sitges restaurant... 'Daimar' excellant.

Donostia-San...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
4. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

Hotels are a bit expensive but in October should be a bit cheaper, any of them should be fine if you are willing to pay. Get a place near the center (bars, etc.). There are good restaurants all along the street that runs along the beach. Some of the best are Maricel, Cal Pinxo, and Fragata (at the end, near the church, quite expensive but worth it). Otherwise, in the town there are also all kinds of places to eat, along Parellades, to name one street. It is essentially a town; it's easy to get around.

The best way to go from BCN to Sitges is definitely by train.

There is not much crime in Sitges. As I said, it really is a town and the atmosphere is such. All you need is common sense. Walking around at night poses virtually no problem as there will be people out at all hours, especially on weekends. Just stay on main streets, follow the map (get a gay guide anywhere).

The nightlife is fun; we go there a couple of times a year. It does depend on what you're looking for, though. Barcelona and Sitges as far as nightlife is concerned are two very different places! I love them both.

Ah! Nude beach. The easiest one to find is past the cemetery. There is one further away, apparently, but I've never been there. It's a long walk.

Any other questions, just ask!

Toronto
3 posts
5. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

i heard there is a coach bus from the golf course to the nude beach, is it true?

ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
6. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

we,re just back from the town - great place!!

train is best way to get from the airport - 2.60euro.

there are really good bars & restaurants:-

there's a small family run bar just up from the big supermarket - great for an early evening drink!!

the secret of anna is another good one - at the bottom of espalter

there's one on san sebastian beach beside the san sebastian playa hotel run by a guy called manuel

restaurants are plentiful, but some are expensive!!

we had great food at mezzanine - set 3 courses for 22euros

hotel alenti has great nouvelle tapas from 4euros

restaurant di mare on the seafront is a little family run place with great tortilla & paellas

al fresco on the main shopping street is very expensive as is its cafe

sports bar is rubbish, as is the pizza/pasta place just up from it

restaurant alma on one of the side streets is really good

avoid the big restaurants along the front

the market by the railway station is great for olives & cold meats to take to the beach at lunchtime

theres also a new supermarket opposite the market with great salads & cakes

the spanish 'grill' on the main drag is great fun & the food is authentic spanish

porthos on espalter is also good

we've been going to sitges for 13 years now & each year it's different, but it's really safe if you stay on the main streets, but like anywhere watch your stuff!!

hotels vary but celimar centre on espalter is good, as is platjador on the front.

like everywhere at the moment the recession has kicked in & there are loads of deals available - just shop around!!

enjoy your stay!!

Costa Blanca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
999 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

I think that last reply says it all. There really are too many restaurants in Sitges to advise - just explore and enjoy! Sitges is more like a large village than a town, so everything is close. We've been going there for 20 years and now have a place there - but there are still restaurants and bars we've never been to! Be careful on the train from Barcelona airport to Sitges (and also at El Prat where you change for Sitges). This really is the place where tourists are targetted. Not something to get uptight about - just take sensible care of bags etc. As for being safe in Sitges - the place is only just coming to life at 11pm! Lots of people around and safe to wander.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
147 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

Posters are correct about the train from BCN to Sitges but there is a bus also.

It is called the Monbus and it is located at the very end of the B section of Terminal 2 of BCN, near where the B section and C section of the terminal meet. It is very inexpensive also and the bus has room for luggage. The Sitges bus comes at 40 minutes past the hour and you pay the driver. It makes two stops in Sitges. When I took the train I had to take the metro and then transfer to the Refre Train. I might not have done that correctly. I liked the bus better. At least you have options.

Sitges is wonderful. I just returned from 3 weeks there. It is moderately safe at night. Sitges is well known for its gay tourist population so you might want to inquire about night spots ahead of time. There are many great places to eat. Lizeran is a fun tapas bar, not fancy, just fun. La Salseta is a great upscale restaurant. Picnic is a simple place right on the beach.

Safe travels.

9. Re: visiting Sitges early October....need youor help......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:34 am, February 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sitges