We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baron Bar - Sitges

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
116 reviews
Baron Bar - Sitges

Hola

Plucked from my Barcelona guidebook and pieced together, in my mind, from reviews, here, I have determined to put this Bar into the middle of one day, in Sitges, next May.

After a morning, going from my Hotel, The El Cid, to the Municipal Market and back for a late-morning swim and sun-lounging, I plan to stroll to the Baron Bar around midday and enjoy a cold Beer or a glass or two, of Red Wine, before either eating there or sauntering up to the Can Gregori, restaurant, for about 2pm. This will Wednesday May 22nd 2019.

Would anyone have recent experiences of a visit Bar and could anyone, perhaps, recommend a Beer or Wine and accompanying food choices? Photographs, added to those in the Review section, here, would be much appreciated.

Salut

Anthony

9 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
614 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

Hola Anthony,

Bar Baron is a huge favourite of mine and my hubby.

We had walked past in many times and seen that it was full of locals and kept promising ourselves we would visit!

As we were staying at The Galeon in June, it became very easy to start our evening off there with a glass or two!

It's a family-run bar and the staff are great.

We'd only been in once and when we visited a second time, they remembered our drinks!

I'm a white wine lady myself, but hubby is a red wine guy.

He reliably informs me that the red suggested by the staff was always palatable!

The menu in Bar Baron is more of a snack menu than a proper food menu.

They have a few tapas on the bar and we saw them make sandwiches for people, but other than that, I would suggest strolling to Can Gregori, as if I recall correctly, you enjoy your main meal at lunchtime?

It's a really lovely bar, only small, but we now visit each time we are in Sitges.

Hope that helps?

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

Smiling Lady

Thank-you. That is a perfect endorsement. During my full six days, in Sitges/Barcelona, next May, I have three days in Sitges, only, so I might work it into my days more than once.

Yes, I do indulge more at Lunchtime than in the evening and the Baron Bar is close enough to my Hotel to visit twice in one day, probably.

Cheers

Anthony

Costa Blanca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
986 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

How many more bars are there that I've never heard of. let alone visited! Have I been walking round Sitges for over 20 years with my eyes shut? Please put me out of my misery and tell me where the Baron Bar is. I guess I've walked past it many times...

Now home on the Costa Blanca after 7 days (in total) in Sitges. Still haven't been to Nem (or Can Gregorian). And guess what - El Cable was shut every time we walked past...

Back soon, hopefully.

Costa Blanca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
986 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

I never wrote 'Can Gregorian': aagghh!!!!

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
984 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

Turn left out of Galeon and first right at the crossroads towards Romantic Museum (and try to decide whether or not you to take the free sample of moisturiser the staff at the shop on the corner hand out) and Bar Baron is the first on your right, always with locals outside.

Edited: 6:35 am, October 04, 2018
Costa Blanca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
986 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

Ah yes, I know it now. And I have walked past it hundreds of times...Thank you.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
614 posts
52 reviews
7. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

Haha! Love dhp101's description........those bloomin samples of moisturiser!

Mind you, we went so often to Bar Baron, they stopped offering them to us! :)

And I'm glad to hear it wasn't just us that found El Cable closed every time we went past!

Would love to know what their opening times really are!

Edited: 1:54 pm, October 04, 2018
Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
984 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

I hope when you finally do get into El Cable it's worth it. We only went in once a few years ago and had a job to get served; they seem to prefer the locals which is understandable but frustrating for us. Hopefully things are better now 😊

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
614 posts
52 reviews
9. Re: Baron Bar - Sitges

It's been a couple of years dhp101, since we last went in El Cable.

If I recall correctly, it was in October.

It was, as you say, full of locals, but we found the service ok, although I do recall waiting a while.

Reply to: Baron Bar - Sitges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted