We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitges Carnival - anyone been ? Good time to visit ?

Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Sitges Carnival - anyone been ? Good time to visit ?

While considering visiting Sitges over new year, I’m now thinking of holding off until the Carnival (27/2-6/3/19)

Anyone been during this festival ? Looks like it becomes party central ?

Worth holding off visit until then ?

All comments/ views welcome

4 replies to this topic
Costa Blanca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
987 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Sitges Carnival - anyone been ? Good time to visit ?

Carnaval (sic!) is one of the most bonkers - and best! - times to visit Sitges. Especially for the last few days i.e. Sunday to Wednesday. Parades on Sunday and Tuesday evenings. The whole town is one big party. But book ASAP.

Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Sitges Carnival - anyone been ? Good time to visit ?

Thank you SitgesLover- indeed the Carnaval does look like a fun time but on a second look at the dates looks like it may be for another time - so it’s looking like Christmas ‘18 this time, just hoping it’s not too quiet then ?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,170 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Sitges Carnival - anyone been ? Good time to visit ?

Any Catalan festival is likely to be amazing. We're having a brilliant time at Santa Tecla in Tarragona right now. Carnaval is on our to do list. If you want somewhere fun specifically for New Year, consider Berlin. The NY party there is legendary.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Sitges Carnival - anyone been ? Good time to visit ?

Carnaval in Spain doesnt get better than Sitges. Now im sure someone in Cadiz may disagree with me lol. I go every year. If you decide to check out hotels as soon as because hotel rooms will fill up early if they havent done already.

Edited: 10:31 am, October 02, 2018
Reply to: Sitges Carnival - anyone been ? Good time to visit ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted