We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Sitges

6 posts
Melia Sitges

Yesterday the pool at the Melia Sitges was closed , they are working on the grass round the pool area . They have put out some sunbeds for guests to use but the area is small . We are only here for the weekend so not too bothered but I would be unhappy if I was staying for longer .

13 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
7,585 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: Melia Sitges

Lindsey H

Thank-you for that information.

If it does not inconvenience you too much could you ascertain how long the closure may last, for people about to go out to that Hotel or make a booking, and say whether there is much "noise" inconvenience whilst they are doing any work?

I presume day time many people are away from the Hotel. sightseeing etc, but of course a Pool is essential for some.

Thanks

Anthony

6 posts
2. Re: Melia Sitges

I am under the impression that they have closed the pool for the season but will confirm later , also will check if the pool and beach club are available for guests to use ,at the ME , that’s obviously are bit of a trek tho .

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
611 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Melia Sitges

Gosh, that sounds a bit early to be closing for the season!

We go to Sitges at the end of October and have never known the pool in our preferred hotel ( The Platjador) to be unavailable for guest's use.

6 posts
4. Re: Melia Sitges

Definitely closed for the season , the grass is in a bad way and they need to re lay it , no noisy building work but very few sun beds available and area very cramped . This time is probably not when families would choose to go , but would not be suitable for children.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,585 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: Melia Sitges

Lindsey H

Thank-you for coming back so quickly with those important answers. It will help those booking. Hope you still have a lovely time in Sitges.

Cheers

Anthony

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Melia Sitges

It won't please those going for the film festival - which I assume is at the Melià as per.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
611 posts
52 reviews
7. Re: Melia Sitges

And it's still advertising rooms until at least the 25th October!

I wouldn't be a happy bunny!

camberley
Level Contributor
967 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Melia Sitges

There's a big stage on Fragata beach this year looking like the main stage of Glastonbury instead of the one that's usually opp Sin Street. Hopefully the fireworks Saturday night won't won't be a problem for it as it's very close. Anyway, getting to the point, the Melia is advertised on the front of it so hopefully all is open

Edited: 7:48 pm, September 21, 2018
London, United...
Level Contributor
7,585 posts
116 reviews
9. Re: Melia Sitges

Re Post 8

Obviously it would seem, from Lindsey H, on the spot, that not all is open. Certainly guests will lose out on the use of a Hotel Pool, for some months, and find some restriction to their sunbathing area.

Personally, I am always happy to stay at the one-star (should get more) El Cid Hotel and always avail myself of the use of their pool and sunlounging area.

C'est la vie.

Anthony

6 posts
10. Re: Melia Sitges

Unhappy people at breakfast today ! A group of ladies looking forward to relaxing by the pool , they were not warned last night when they checked in . We have been told that they will put sunbeds on the balcony , but cannot use the ME .

We usually stay at the Sunway Playa Golf but only booked on Thursday morning and was here by 530, our third trip this year .

( usually posting as Sitges fan 2016)

Reply to: Melia Sitges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted