We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitges good for a hen do?

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Sitges good for a hen do?

Hello! We are considering Sitges as a hen do destination next April and I was wondering about places to eat/drink/clubs and whether Sitges would be a good location? I've never been but it looks quite a nice, lively place to visit. There will be 14 of us so not a massive group. Thank you!!

16 replies to this topic
camberley
Level Contributor
967 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

Hi Laurem, yes, Sitges is a lovely place visit, it's where the residence of Barcelona go to just like people from London visit Brighton back home. Like Brighton it also has a large gay scene but all the bars and the predominantly gay clubs happily accept straight people like myself. It's a bit more expensive than the traditional hen do places (ie Barcelona) which is maybe why we don't generally see them often in Sitges. On the Sitges Forum page use the search facility using the word "hen" and you'll see previous replies to similar question. Hope you have a good time where ever you end up

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

Thanks so much! I will do that. Thanks again, never planned a hen do before so much appreciated!!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,592 posts
3,788 reviews
3. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

http://www.visitsitges.com/en/

There are frequent Rodalies trains from Barcelona to Sitges.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
270 reviews
4. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

I have bumped into a few hen do's on recent trips to Sitges they loved it. If you like nice places to eat with a stunning old town, beach and promenade it's for you. It also has an eclectic mix of bars and places to dance but not in a magaluf or Benidorm sense.

You are not going to get reps dragging you into bars nor will you get club workers asking you to participate in party games.

To sum up its a more sophisticated hen location.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
611 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

Totally agree with post *4.

Well put, leethomaswales! :)

peterborough
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

Hey sitges is lovely But is mainly gay scene Not quite sure it’s really a hen stag do place.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
270 reviews
7. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

There are always quite a few Spanish stag do's when I have been. There are also several mainly hetro dance bars. The nightlife isn't only centred on and near the street of sin. Saying that Las Vegas is a good place for a hen do dance.

It is a gay friendly place. Most of the Spaniards living there who are hetro families also go out you know!!!

Like I said the last time we were there we met two really nice hen do's and they loved it. They loved mot getting pestered by loads of blokes for a start.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

Well said again leethomaswales. While Sitges, no doubt, is a very gay-friendly place, it does not have a 'mainly gay scene'. You might find it difficult to believe chuckyPeterborough, but the majority of the people who live in and visit Sitges are straight! And it would make a good venue for a hen do. But please don't expect Benidorm!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
611 posts
52 reviews
9. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks Sitges does not have a *mainly gay scene*!

I agree, it would make a great venue for a hen do........much classier than a few places I could mention! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,582 posts
116 reviews
10. Re: Sitges good for a hen do?

From what I have witnessed Hen dos and Cock dos do. Sitges works for them.

It also works very well for those of us who like something altogether more restrained.

It is somewhere that you could pop into your pocket, unlike Barcelona, but it packs a lot of fine things into a small package.

Enjoy

Anthony

Reply to: Sitges good for a hen do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted