We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking Sitges

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Car parking Sitges

Hi. Myself and my boyfriend are travelling to Sitges from Reus airport the first week in June, Saturday to Saturday. We were looking into how to get to Sitges and it seems to be a bit awkward. I priced a car rental for a week with carject which is really reasonable, only €105 for the week. We were going to stay in the sunway playa golf resort, which charges €15 a day for parking. Does anybody know if there is free parking near the hotel? Or whether getting a bus from Reus to Sitges is a better idea, the trains seem to be very infrequent. Thanks

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Car parking Sitges

I haven't been to SItges for two yrs - but we have been regualr visitors over the last 15 yrs -we are going back next Sept

never flown via REUS - always used B'cna -

you need to check outher reader's advice re parking -

I know the hotel - but I walked there and wasn't paying attention re car parking -sorry. It is in a residential area- should be able to find somewhere - if you are prepared to walk a little

the thing is - you won't need a car in SItges - so any other alternative makes sense - a car is only a nuisance

SITGES is tiny - and you can visit BCNA by train - at all times - even coming back on the early morning train -

I favour the train - but haven't checked out buses

get back If I can help = but others may have more up to date info

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Car parking Sitges

having second thoughts about my last advice - I had had 2 glasses of red wine!!!

I have since read other posts that warn about delays and disruptions to local trains due to the track upgrade for high speed train -

another post says car parking is terrible especially at weekends

and -to confuse the matter

€105 is a remarkable low cost for a week's hire - but €15 per day is a lot to leave it in a car park !!

perhaps you should contact some of the BCNA or SITGES "local experts" for their advice

dont be put off - SITGES is a great resort - one of our favourites

London, UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Car parking Sitges

howdy

i have been to sitges many times, going back this year. it is a lovely place and well worth visiting.

first off is there a special reason you are flying to REUS - it is in the middle of nowhere. approx 1 hour by car from Sitges. as for transfers then if you are collecting car at airport then you'll be OK to get into sitges but otherwise a taxi will not be cheap. BCN is much closer and is well connected by train (fare approx €5); if you can change your arrangements and fly there instead i would advise you do that.

secondly having a car in sitges is totally unneccesary (and yes something of a liability) unless you are staying in a villa outside town or making lots of day trips tinto the countryside. however ... on-street parking in sitges ok during week but impossible at weekends. parking in a car park advisable. there are one or two in the town centre.

the hotel you mention is not in the town but approx 45 mins walk along the front.

hope this helps.

best. phil

London
Level Contributor
513 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Car parking Sitges

I remember parking up in a campervan near that hotel a few years ago.

The small backstreets didnt have parking restrictions, so I reckon you could park quite close to the hotel without having to pay anything.............just dont leave anything in the car!

5. Re: Car parking Sitges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 31, 2009