We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Sitges - 5 Days In October

London, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Sitges - 5 Days In October

I'll do this as replies.

4 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Sitges - 5 Days In October

Look forward to hearing about your trip!

13 days......and counting! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Sitges - 5 Days In October

Day 1 was all about arrival and re-discovery.

I hadn't been to Sitges for 20 years, so was excited to arrive - eventually - see 'Time To Get From BCN To Sitges' in this Forum.

However, when I did arrive it really din't seem like it had been so long since my last visit. It all felt familiar quite quickly and I got into relaxation mode straight off the train.

I booked into the El Cid Hotel, (reviewed separately), and made my way down to the beach. It was a deliciously warm day and my first view of the sea made me sigh in contentment. This would be a repeated feeling of inner peace.

All I did that first day was settle in and have a couple of walks through the streets to re-familiarise myself with the layout.

I didn't do anything special on any of the days, so won't deal with each one chronologically.

After breakfast, I took a walk down to the beach and read my book, (Paddle Your Own Canoe' by Nick Offerman - fantastic!), for an hour or so, before having a coffee somewhere with a bit of shade, as the high temperature of the day kicked in around lunch time. I did a bit more ambling and would head back to the hotel late afternoon for a bit of a lie down to avoid the heat - I'm Scottish, you know, and intense heat just fries my skin - it's not a nice look!

Evenings would consist of another walk around town with dinner and a couple of coffees before, (usually), settling in at Café Bar Roy for a few hours, just drinking and looking.

One day I walked past the church on the way to the Marina, which I never made, and stopped at the gay nudist beach. I looked at that for a bit and then sat on some rocks looking out to sea, listening to Sade and wondering how life could be any better, really, and if I could get any more content.

I had some nice food and have reviewed La Reina, Pita Sitges and Curry and Rice separately. This wasn't fine dining, but was just good, honest, proper holiday eating.

I had a walk down the main street that has the gay bars, and the only one I used was La Villa - I wasn't impressed by the lack of service from the barman who served me - he acted like he was doing me a favour - and I hate that. It wasn't like that back in my younger, gayer days. Hey ho. The other gay bars were full of couples and groups and I just didn't feel like going into them. Maybe my drinkier, clubbier days are over. Oh, well.

So, not a lot was done during these 5 days, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. It was a perfect short break to a place that I have left unvisited for too long and to where I will definitely return.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - Sitges - 5 Days In October

Sounds like you had a good trip! :)

WE also like La Villa, but like yourself, we found the service to be less than stellar on some occasions......and yet on others it was fine.

Beautiful outside space though!

Good to hear you will return.

Happy holidays!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - Sitges - 5 Days In October

We are headed to Sitges next week, thanks for the report!

Reply to: Trip Report - Sitges - 5 Days In October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted