We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Girona

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
72 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Girona

We've heard good things about Girona --- and are going there as a family for a short break from December 16. Recommendations, please, for good-value restaurants (nothing fancy) and tapas bars. We became great fans of tapas during a visit to Seville back in April. And, do they have a one or three-day public transport pass.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Girona

I would suggest you head into old town.Plenty of bars and restaurants tucked away in the narrow streets.Can't help you with bus pass,we took taxi to and from airport.The town is compact enough to explore on foot.I was really impressed with Girona,and would recommend to anyone for a short break.Plus easy to get to other places,by the excellent train service.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Girona

I agree with the above visited in October-the old town is compact and there are many bars and restaurants you will love it. Recommend a trip to the Salvador Dali Museum by train about 40 minutes and very different. We also used the local bus service think it is Sarfa. You can access it online I think. We walked to the bus and train station which are together,from the Hotel Costabella which is on the edge of town but taxi's are cheap and the local bus service very good. It is worth reading the hotel reviews to get a bit more info on the area. Would like to know if there are any nice Christmas markets in December or other festiviities on your return.

3. Re: First time in Girona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 18, 2009