We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hap dreams vs costabella

loughborough
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
hap dreams vs costabella

Hi

I am looking for 4 night's accommodation for a family of 5, and am torn between these two. Any feedback would be most helpfull!

My kids are 9,7 and 1, and the pool at the Costabella looks great, though a kitchen (Hap Dreams0 would also be fab, decisions, decisions...

We have 5 days in Barcelona first, and thought Girona might be a nice wind down!!!

Ta

Claire

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Costabella
Hotel Costabella
532 Reviews
Girona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hap dreams vs costabella

I can't pretend to know much about these two hotels but I can tell you that the Costabella is quite far out of the centre of Girona on the edge of the motorway... It's not the most accessible place.

Hotel Ultonia on Gran Via Jaume I is reasonably priced with large rooms, and I hear that the Peninsular is similar.

Anyway good luck booking your trip and enjoy Girona - I live here and I love it, it's beautiful! :)

Lauren xxx

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Costabella
Hotel Costabella
532 Reviews
Girona, Spain
Girona
Girona
Hotel Ultonia Girona
Hotel Ultonia Girona
455 Reviews
Girona, Spain
Hotel Peninsular
Hotel Peninsular
442 Reviews
Girona, Spain
loughborough
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hap dreams vs costabella

Hi

I came to the same conclusion and booked the Hap Dreams self catering flat. It is on Portal Nou, which I hope is nearer than the Costabella!

What would you recommend for the kids in Girona in terms of to do / where to eat. My kids eat dinner at 6, so we will most likely be dining at home but having lunch out! We are thinking of a bus to Tossa or L'Estartit...

Thanks for your reply!

Claire

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Tossa Beach Hotel
Tossa Beach Hotel
1,143 Reviews
Tossa de Mar, Spain
L'Estartit
L'Estartit
Costa Brava, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,404 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hap dreams vs costabella

I know you've booked but in case anyone else looks at the post..... The Costabella is out of the centre but accessible from motorway and a good base to explore the area, if not so convenient for Girona itself.

We stayed a night there on a mini-tour of Catalonia with my brother's family incl. 3yr-old and his in-laws.The pool was nice and we cd use it until 9pm (which is later than a lot of places). My brother and family also indulged in the morning before leaving (the other half of the party headed off early to Ceret). Hotel is right next to the hospital on the north side of Girona.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Costabella
Hotel Costabella
532 Reviews
Girona, Spain
Girona
Girona
4. Re: hap dreams vs costabella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 15, 2009