We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

very early morning transport - girona airport to train stati

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
very early morning transport - girona airport to train stati

I want to leave a car in the Girona airport parking so it is available when I return on a late flight. But I am leaving from El Prat on an early morning flight so I need to leave the car in Girona and then catch a train to Barcelona at about 6 a.m. Can anyone confirm whether there is taxi service or a bus from Girona airport to the train station at that early hour?

Any other suggestions appreciated too. I have already looked at the Barcelona Bus to Estacio del Nord but it doesn't run that early. Maybe there is a car park that offers transport to the city and not just the aiport??

Washington, England
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: very early morning transport - girona airport to train stati

Found this timetable:

sagales.com/pubdocs/2905_aeroport-girona-cos…

Hope it helps.

Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: very early morning transport - girona airport to train stati

Thanks. The timetable shows that the first bus is scheduled to arrive at the bus station at 5:59. That leaves me less than 15 minutes to catch the frist train to Barcelona. If there are no delays that should work.

If anyone has taken an early flight recently, can you confirm whether you saw taxis around at that hour ....just in case I get nervous about the connection time or if the bus is delayed?

Girona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Girona
Level Contributor
594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: very early morning transport - girona airport to train stati

I suggest you get a taxi. There will definitely be some outside the airport at that time as there are quite a few early Ryanair flights. It costs about 25-30 euros to get from airport to train station but there is a set price list at the rank that you can check before you leave. Not sure about which train you intend to catch but go for the MD trains if possible, quicker and more comfortable, change at Sants for the Airport.

4. Re: very early morning transport - girona airport to train stati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 17, 2013