We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Girona

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Girona

My husband and I are travelling to Girona in September. We are flying into Barcelona and renting a car then driving to Girona. Girona will be our base for 4 nights. The we will be moving on to France. My question is this: Is it best to get a hotel right in the center of Girona or should we try something just on the outskirts? If the center is best, can someone recommend a clean hotel that has parking and air conditioning and we would prefer a shower in the bathroom.

Thank you!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Girona

Dear

I would definitely recommend you a hotel within the city center. You have several options. Hotel Ciutat de Girona is centrally located, sleek design and with good service. On the same street, I would also recommend Apartments Nord 1901. Hotel Charlemany, albeit about 1 km from the medieval downton, is within walking distance in the center of the shopping area. Hotel Historic is very nice as well as right side by side the St. Felix Cathedral.

Best regards

Joaquim

Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Girona

Thanks Joaquim, I will look into the hotels you suggested.

U.K
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Girona

Just got back from Girona and area. Spent one night in the Hotel Peninsular, centre of Girona. Fab for the money, lovely staff. Location couldn't be better. See their website. http://www.hotel-peninsular.com/

italy
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Girona

Good morning!

We have visited Girona last week and we recomend you stay in the old part of Girona! It is magic!!! We stayed in a friends house in the historical center and we had a really beautiful experience! We also recomend you to visit the Visitor Center of Gironès in Sarrià de Ter (in the entrace of Girona) www.turismegirones.cat/centredevisitants . They have a Territorial Interpretation Center inside on it where we organize our holiday there! It's fast, easy and a unforgetable experience!

Finally, we suggest you to discover La Costa Brava it also an experience you must live!

Have a nice holidays!!! Remember to tell us something!!!

5. Re: Visiting Girona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 08, 2012