We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight sleep near Girona airport - family of 4

slovenia
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
overnight sleep near Girona airport - family of 4

Please for any advice about getting from airport to some of the budget hotel in girona. we land at 23.30 and go to mallorca next morning (at 10.00 ). All hotels near airport are very expensive for 4, but for the others I cant find the transport expences. for example the hotel Etap or Ibis (adress is Francesc Ferrer 16-18, 17190 salt) is about 12 km far away, so the Taxi costs are???

If anyone have some advice about this I appreciate very much....is there any other transfer?

p.s. Hotel Vilobi or Salles hotel are over 100 EUR without breakfast ....I think that is too much....

Help me please,

Irena

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight sleep near Girona airport - family of 4

Hello,

I don't know about any other means of transport to Etap at night than taxi ,

20-27 kms would be more than 30 euros.

May be getting Sagales shuttle bus to G city and hostal room there wd be possible?

Here TA map http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch-g187499-c1&tb=1#02,1298634595124,mc:S41.97838|2.820042,mz:-15,bc_airports:S,bc_convention_centers:S,cb:Anear_3|near_4|near_7|near_8|near_9|near_11|near_12|near_13|near_15,nameContains:S,distance:S0,distanceSelect:S0,cat:-1,tb:S1,sa:-1,map:-1

+ booking.com/hotel/…

A :)

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight sleep near Girona airport - family of 4

hi Potepinka, it's 29 Euros for a taxi into Girona (evening rate), so much the same for a taxi into Salt. There will still be taxis into the rank at that time of night. For the next morning into the Airport, you can get a bus from salt into Girona and catch the airport bus, or just do the taxi run again. Taxi will be quicker but the bus run slightly cheaper.

Edited: 1:30 pm, February 26, 2011
slovenia
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight sleep near Girona airport - family of 4

Thank you both, I will check the sagals shuttle, this is cheap way to Girona.

Obviously there is no other way than taxi to Salt, where the budget hotels are...

thank you again.

4. Re: overnight sleep near Girona airport - family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 23, 2012