We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
honeymoon

Hi,

I am planning a 'mini-moon', and I'm flying into Barcelona, and out of Girona. I am staying a for a couple of nights in Barcelona then hiring a car and hoping to stay in a boutique hotel somewhere outside of Girona, preferably on the coast, but it does not need to be.

I do not want it to be too expensive as we are going for our proper honeymoon at Christmas time.

Can anyone help with hotel ideas or at least some pretty villages around Girona.

Many thanks in advance!

Nigel

Seltjarnarnes,Icelan...
Level Contributor
42 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon

Depends a little on when you plan your minimoon. Some beautiful hotels in Begur and Mas Pau near Figueres is gorgeous

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon

You may want to check out Hotel Mirallac in Banyoles, overlooking the lake. Though as Gillian says, the Girona area offers different things at different times of the year so an idea of the date, may bring other choices.

newcastle upon tyne
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon

we are going the first week in June and want a relaxing few days, nothing too adventurous!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon

you may want to consider somewhere close to these...

• 3rd June 2011 – Corpus Christi – Tossa. Ornate ‘carpets of flowers’ – flower mosaics outside churches.

• 5th June 2011. 10.30pm Day of the Fisherman at Es Racó beach in Tossa. Sea-shanties sung and cremat served (the local speciality of coffee with burnt rum and cinnamon).

• 5th – 6th June 2011 – ‘Indian’s Fair’ – Cadaqués. Fiesta celebrating the town’s historic connections with the Caribbean (and Cuba in particular) with music and crafts.

Catalunya Motogp (motorcycle) 2011 3rd to 6th June at Montmelo circuit, situated in the hills outside Barcelona

5. Re: honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 01, 2012