We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses on a Sunday. Girona City to Lloret or Tossa.

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
994 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Buses on a Sunday. Girona City to Lloret or Tossa.

Does anyone know if the bus station in Girona city operates on a Sunday in early April. I am heading to Tossa de Mar on the Sunday and I would like to use public transport from Girona bus station.

If I cannot get a bus direct to Tossa I understand that I can get a bus to Lloret and from there to Tossa. Is this also possible on a Sunday?

Are buses as frequent on a Sunday as midweek/Saturday?

Any bus timetables I have seen only seems to show buses heading from Girona airport but not from Girona bus station.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses on a Sunday. Girona City to Lloret or Tossa.

I cannot see buses on Sunday,

except the first and last Sagales.

You could always get to GRO airport in the shuttle bus from the city, if LLoret connection is not good

A

…gencat.cat/portal/…

Edited: 11:22 am, February 09, 2011
MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses on a Sunday. Girona City to Lloret or Tossa.

you can get the train to blanes but you have to change at macanet / massanes station, think the whole journey is about 3/4 hour to blanes then you get the bus to tossa

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses on a Sunday. Girona City to Lloret or Tossa.

Except in midsummer there's only one bus/day from Girona to Tossa, and that doesn't run on Sundays.

There are a few from Girona to Lloret, see autocarsmas.cat/horaris/ATM_2011_LLORET.pdf .

Once in Lloret, there is a bus every half hour to Tossa, see transpujol.com/pdf/L9_T_HorarisInterurba.pdf .

If these times don't suit, then try train, but you would have to change at Macanet, from train to bus at Blanes and again at Lloret.

Edited: 11:56 am, February 10, 2011
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,405 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses on a Sunday. Girona City to Lloret or Tossa.

Thanks Frankfrog. I seem to have difficulty understanding these bus schedules for whatever reason. Can you advise if on the link that you provided, are these buses from Girona to Lloret available on a Sunday?

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses on a Sunday. Girona City to Lloret or Tossa.

My reading is that there are buses from Girona at 9.45, 16.15 and 20.30 and they take an hour to Lloret.

I can't remember if Mas have an office in Girona bus station, but if they do, and it's open, buy your ticket from it. This certainly applies with Pujol at Lloret and Tossa.

6. Re: Buses on a Sunday. Girona City to Lloret or Tossa.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, February 15, 2012