We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Girona April 2005

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Girona April 2005

My husband and I flew on the new Ryanair route from Blackpool, Lancashire, to Girona on 13 April for a 3 night stay.

Great flight - very cheap when we travelled.

(we were en route to Southern France to visit family)

We had looked at hotels on the TripAdvisor site and chose the Hotel Peninsular because of its good reviews, central location, etc.

We had an absolutely wonderful visit! The hotel was ideally positioned, spotlessly clean and the buffet breakfast was more than sufficient. There are plenty of cafes, restaurants and bars etc. We would most definitely stay at this hotel on our next visit.

Thought Girona was a most beautiful medieval city - lots of winding cobbled streets and old buildings.

Visited Barcelona on the Friday - not a patch on Girona!

Too sprawling, too much scaffolding and too many cranes on the Sagrada Familia. The Barcelona Football Club stadium was brilliant (even for a non-football fan!) - great tour.

Would recommend anyone to stay in Girona - well worth a visit - don't dash off too quickly to LLoret or Barcelona - Girona is a gem!

Mal Roberts

Mentioned in this post
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
France
France
Europe
Hotel Peninsular
Hotel Peninsular
438 Reviews
Girona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
Basilica of the Sagrada...
132,014 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Xaf
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visit to Girona April 2005

A full day is enough to see the most important places of Girona. So arriving early and leaving late, will allow you to visit the city quite well.

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
london, england
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Visit to Girona April 2005

You'll love Girona then. On the coast there are a few small towns like llefranc and cap begur. You can also do a day trip to France from there. I wish I was going back!!

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
France
France
Europe
Catalunya
Level Contributor
15 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visit to Girona April 2005

To SSDD1166

The Parador at Aiguablava is excellent, perched on a cliff top, with magnificent views, good rooms and great food. Just a short walk down quite a steep path to an unspoilt beach, which is only crowded in the height of summer.

The Hotel Aigublava is by a little cove (no sand), views not as dramatic, a little more up-market, but if anything a bit snobby. It is not so bright and airy.

I would stay at the Parador, that is, if I didn't live just a few miles away!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Aiguablava
Hotel Aiguablava
632 Reviews
Begur, Spain
England
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Visit to Girona April 2005

Dear Katie, and Mon and all of you who wite about this topic and have answered my questions! We decided not to go at Christmas time this year - the Casama where we stay in Llafranc may - maynot serve food .... they could not really say what would be open ... and much as I like an adventure - not sure I would like Mars bars for example (brought from UK) for my lunch on Xmas day - and maybe in the cold and rain!! We are going to Amsterdam instead for 3 days before Christmas - good flights from Coventry! We are going to Llafranc again next June and will try the restaurant you rec Katie. I really enjoy reading this page.

By the way - I could spend more than a day in Girona - I could stay for 2 days - but I really really loved the little city!

Maggie

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Coventry
Coventry
West Midlands, UK
Llafranc
Llafranc
Palafrugell, Spain
Girona
Girona
Southampton
Level Contributor
145 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Visit to Girona April 2005

Please could you advise how I arrange a tour of Barcelona Football stadium, visiting Girona Dec 05 for husband's birthday, he really wants to see the stadium ?

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Girona
Girona
london, england
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Visit to Girona April 2005

Hi leno

I did the barcelona football stadium tour a couple of years ago with my family and it was truly fantastic.

You don't need to pre book but it's best to be aware of the tours available.

There are two choices and the more expensive tour is the best, approx 12 euros, and for this you can go all around the stadium and into the dug out as well as the changing rooms and museum. You can really feel the atmosphere and it feels that you can hear the crowds cheering.

Honestly it was the best thing we did in barcelona and i'm not even a footie fan!!!