We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thieves

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
2 posts
Save Topic
thieves

Unless you are in a big gang of lads you must be on your guard at all times in this city - especially in Las Ramblas area & Port Olimpic - During the night on las Ramblas black prostitutes line the streets particularly at weekends looking for drunk men walking back to hotels, they will surround you & try to take your money. Me & My wife recently had to fight off 5 morrocans (2 of whom had knives!)trying to steal her belt bag & my money on the steps of Port Olimpic , luckily we scared them off by retaliating - you MUST stand up to these vermon or they will take you for everything. Women should not use handbags under any circumstances - if you do you are asking for trouble! Never walk around on your own at night or you will virtually guarantee a mugging attempt on yourself. The local guardia or policia do not want to know & are ignorant & unhelpful. Please take heed of this warning - I know from experience!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: thieves

P.Liverpool, you been out in Concert Sq on a weekend? Full of prats pissed up trying to cause trouble. Everywhere has a problem with different types of crime Liverpool and Barcelona included. I should know i live in Liverpool and avoid certain places to drink as i know what kind of people will be in certain places.

Oh and i've seen two crimes in Barcelona on the many occasions i've been there and petty theft only.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: thieves

'Black prositutes' 'morrocans' does it really matter what ethnicity they are? I reckon the crime rate in Liverpool or any other city in England is worse (I'm actually from Liverpool before you protest) Spain is one of safest countries in the world."

Are you joking here? I have lived in Spain over periods of years and the Crime in Spain is worse than the UK and anywhere else for that matter.

When do people get beaten on a daily basis is the UK by police? when do police in the UK tell people to kill north Africans like I have experienced by Spanish police? When does "petty" crime on tourists get ignored like in Barcelona?

P.Liverpool has obviously experienced the nasty side of Barcelona and should be able to have his say rather than guardian readers that are in bed at 8pm telling travellers that this doesn’t exist.

13. Re: thieves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 26, 2009