We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

hi

me and my husband are thinking of going to Barcelona end of this month. we have found a hotel and flights but not sure how many days to stay. we were thinking of 3 days as it was a last minute decision and we might not be able to take the time off, we live in the uk so it is quite easy to get there,

are 3 days enough though? we plan to do some shoppng, maybe head down to the beach, see the sights etc and if possible do an excursion, the rough guide lists lots of things. neither of us know about Barcelona so could you let us know if 3 days are ok or is it worht waiting until next year to go for longer? we are in rome last year and 9 days was good for us, dont know if barcelona is like rome where you need lots of days?

wales
Level Contributor
326 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

i would say 3 days is enough to see the city but you won't have time for excursions. i also went to rome last year where there was a lot more to see and needed more time.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

Three days is enough time... we saw what we wanted to see in 2 days and went to Sitges for one day. You don't need alot of time in Barcelona.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

There's a lot to do in Barcelona, but you could easily see the major attractions over 3 days, spend a few hours at a beach, and possibly even take an excursion. Really depends on what catches your eye in the city and how much time you'd like to devote to what interests you.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

Buy a 1 or 2 day hop on hop off bus ticket . It will take you all around the city with 3 different routes for the price of one . A great way to see the city IMHO .

Manchester
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

hi everyone

thanks a lot for your answers. unfortunately we couldn't go in the end as it was a rushed decision and my partner prefers if things are booked up 1 month in advance. he didn't have much time to buy the things he wanted.. sad not to go though

we will definitely try to go later this year or next summer. i posted a question just today about when to go and how many days. so we can plan it better this way.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

On these questions of how much time, etc. I take the attitude of making use of whatever time you get. If it's one day in Barcelona, it's better than none, and two better than one, etc. You can easily use a week in the city including beach and other excursions, but if you only have a weekend, you can have a great time as well.

Some people live their whole life there and don't see everything. Same is true of any great city. Don't wait for the perfect moment or trip, just go when you get a chance. You can always return.

Hop-on, hop-off bus is good as mentioned to get acquainted. Barcelona does sprawl more than Madrid.

England
Level Contributor
410 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

Hi, my wife and I just came back from Barcelona after 5 days.

How long will be enough depends on your travelling style. We felt our main objective was to enjoy ourselves and therefore amount of sightseeing wasn't important. We got up at 9am (sometimes later!), had a long lazy lunch with plenty of drinks,and long lazy evenings with more drinks and light supper. We didn't see all of major attractions but we managed about 3 places/day on average. Having said that, if you are interested in art or architecture, you could easily spend an entire day studying paintings at MNAC or one of Gaudi's creation.

Barcelona also have a good beach, and hotels with rooftop pool. It's easy to spend an entire day (if not more!) there. We definitly felt its worth another visit even after staying for 5 days. Hope this helps.

8. Re: Is 3 days ok for Barcelona??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 17, 2009