We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barcelona- how many days?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
barcelona- how many days?

HI all,

How many days is sufficient to see Barcelona? I don't have a lot of time, is it possible to see the major sites in 3 days and not feel exhausted?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
613 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barcelona- how many days?

Barcelona city has many attractions within short proximity to each other.

If you research and plan your stay you will do and see many of the great attractions that Barcelona has to offer.

Be sure to stay longer on your next visit, Barcelona has much to offer and a 3 day stay will certainly leave you wanting more.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barcelona- how many days?

Having only a short time to visit, check accommodation in or near Placa Catalunya.

To orientate you to the places of interest on day one, use the HoHo bus www.barcelonabusturistic.cat

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/barcelona

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barcelona- how many days?

Amy:

With 3 days you can see many things. However Barcelona is a very big city and you should try to stay 4 or 5 days to see more.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: barcelona- how many days?

Hi Amy,

I totally suscribe all of the above. Yet if you 'only' have 3 days, you can manage to get and overall impression of the city and probably catch the 'Barcelona bug' which compels many to come over and over :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: barcelona- how many days?

I did Barcelona for three days and it was an amazing experience. I got to see everything I wanted! Make a list of things you absolutely want to see and go from there. The metro is great to get around.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,366 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: barcelona- how many days?

Yes you can see Barcelona's main sights in 3 days without feeling 2 rushed esp. if you follow the davice above and stay somewhere central and plan in advance

Barcelona is very compact, you can walk between many sights, use the metro for Sagrada Familia (and prebook online so you can go straight in), metro + funicular for Montjuic.

For Parc Güell and for Camp Nou, if that is on your list, take a taxi to save time, it's not expensive and quite a bit quicker than public transport

Edited: 2:09 am, February 15, 2014
7. Re: barcelona- how many days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 17, 2015