We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

dubai
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

Good day

We are a family of 3, travelling with 3 big bags. We need to get from the airport to the city centre. Will 1 taxi be able to accommodate us ? or should we look for airport transfers ? It would be great if you can suggest a reliable yet reasonable airport transfer service provider.

Ta !

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

A taxi should be fine. When we took a taxi from the airport to near Sagrada Familia, it cost a bit over €30.

Mentioned in this post
Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
Basilica of the Sagrada...
131,861 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
dubai
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

Thank you for the quick response, but wanted to reconfirm if 3 big bags would fit in the boot of the taxi ?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,444 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

what's "big" for you? :)))), the fleet of taxis in Barcelona has different vehicles but the bigger models should fit most everything -that a 'regular' tourist would bring anyway.

Are we talking about regular suitcases that most airlines will accept as "normal" baggage?, if so, you shouldn't have much problem, when you are at the taxi rank outside the airport, the marshall will see the luggage and if necessary point you to a big enough taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
dubai
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

thank you Enric, by big I mean the biggest ones accepted by the airline :). In my head it looks really big because I normally travel light. Thank you very much for the information. I will look out for the bigger model.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,444 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

also, some of the taxis are sort of mini-vans, so worst case scenario you could just wait a bit until the next "big" car of the taxi rank comes along :)

Another option is to head to the Tourism Information Office inside the airport terminal (both T1 and T2 have offices) and ask them whether they can help in sorting out a big taxi for you... they might not and just suggest you very politely to walk outside the terminal and sort it out yourself with the taxi marshall, but you can try...

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

If you want a car, taxis are a good way to go and the easiest. Second easiest is taking the Airport Bus...it goes from the front of Terminal 2 to Placa Catalunya....it´s about 6 euros for each person, each way. If you don´t mind carrying your luggage, for 11 euros you can take the airport train until it ends, then take the Green Line metro to Placa Catalunya. The metro option is cheap, but it requires some physical exertion to lug your bags around.

-J.R.

www.barcelonaexperience.com

Edited: 10:01 am, December 18, 2013
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

Just realized I said 11 euros for the train/metro without specifying that 11 euros gets you a 10-trip metro card and will pay for your trip to the city center and back to the airport with four trips to spare.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,444 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

.... @soon2beewed.... the OP specifically mentions "We are a family of 3, travelling with 3 big bags"... aerobus, regular bus or train is hardly an option in this case, don't you agree?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

I guess it depends, that´s all. If you are pinching pennies, then the metro/train is a good option (if you are willing to pull your luggage around a bit.)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: barcelona airport to city centre - airport transfers

@Enric....Also, I didn´t known you´ve written an article on this topic. A very good one, in fact. Sorry!