We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days in Spain (First trip)

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Key West
Level Contributor
114 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
14 days in Spain (First trip)

Hello, My wife and I and two of her sisters are going to Spain for the last two weeks in Sept. I would like some help in planning an itinerary within Spain. We will be flying into and out of Barcelona. So this will be the "home" base for us. But I want to travel to Mallorca (Palma de Mallorca) for a day or so. Also am planning to go to Sevilla, Granada, and Cordoba in Andalucia. Since we are only going for 14 days, which would be the best mode of transportation--trains or airplanes? And if anybody can reccommend any good budget hotels that woul also be great! I was thinking that we first go to Palma by way of plane since it looks like it is actually cheaper than ferry from Barcelona. Next maybe fly one way to Sevilla where I would rent a car to travel to Cordoba and Granada. Is all of this feasible and practical to do within 14 days? Pleasa advise me...Dave.

madrid
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 days in Spain (First trip)

Would advise:

Fly from Barca to PMI....followed by PMI to Granada... Hire a car and go explore andalucia... fly back to Barcelona.

Cheap flights are available from Vueling. There is the train "Mediteranea" which gopes along the coast all the way to Barca and beyond if you wanted something a little different.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,336 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 days in Spain (First trip)

If you book in advance and are flexible with times/dates you can get as good a deal with Spanair as with Vueling. Iberia webfares start at 29€ too.

Middletown...
Level Contributor
26 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 days in Spain (First trip)

I am planning a trip to Barcelona in Oct and have found that you can rent an apartment, rather than a hotel, room for about the same price, sometimes cheaper. They are available from a studio up to 5 or more bedrooms, so this way you and your wife can have your own room and each sister can have her own space. They also come with a living room area and kitchenette. There are many websites for apartments and most of them are very detailed so you can see pictures of every room, a map of their location, as well as a floor plan and they are all decorated beautifully. My only problem is deciding which one because there are so many that I like, even on my small budget. Check out some sites and see if it is right for you. Good luck.

Apartment sites to try:

gobcn.com

oh-barcelona.com

friendlyrentals.com

rentthesun.com

apartmentsramblas.com

4. Re: 14 days in Spain (First trip)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 12, 2009