We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spain An Upcoming Adventure

Phoenix
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Spain An Upcoming Adventure

am going to Spain in September. My 1st stop will be in Barcelona for 4 nights. When I leave Barcelona, I am pretty flexible. I was thinking about going to Andalucia region. I will have about 4 days in that region then I need to head to Lisbon Portugal.

Any suggestions on traveling from Barcelona to the Andalucia region?

Any suggestions on must see attractions? (I love architecture, quaint towns, beautiful scenery). I don't want to spend to much time a busy tourist spots; although, I hear Alhambra is a must. I like wine tasting so I am thinking about a day tour from Barcelona with SpanishTrails Adventure. Anyone every heard of them.

Any suggestions on the best way to travel from Andalucia region to Lisbon for 3 days? My flight leaves from Lisbon.

I am traveling alone and wouldn't mind hooking up with a small tour group for some day excursions but if not I would love suggestions on getting around.

Thanks,

RLynn

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Spain An Upcoming Adventure

Dear rhlynn,

I as well will be travelling alone to Spain on September (the last 2 weeks). When will you be there?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,427 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spain An Upcoming Adventure

What are your dates, RHLynn? Good wine festival in Barcelona in late September.

Level Contributor
322 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spain An Upcoming Adventure

Granada and Seville are wonderful trips. As you mentioned, the Alhambra is a must see and in Seville, Alcazar and the Catedral de Sevilla. Flamenco is also excellent in Seville, El Arenal is very good, nice dinner and show. Suggestion for hotel in Seville The Becquer. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are very nice. Great location also.

You can take a bus from Granada to Seville, look into Alsina Graells, they have 6 buses (takes about 3 hours) from Granada. Suggestion for hotel, Hotel Dauro II, nice hotel. My suggestion is to stick to the cities and avoid Costa del Sol, not worth making the trip, very built up, busy.

When we traveled Spain and Portugal, we left Madrid, flew to Lisbon, drove to the Algarve and then onto Seville. It's a nice drive. So you could take the train from Barcelona to Granada (see Internet site: Raileurope.com, they have one train that leaves in the morning) Bus from Granada to Seville, tour Seville then rent a car or take a bus or train (you'll probably have to leave from Faro, Portugal which is in the Algarve area) to Lisbon. The drive, however, is easy and would take you about the same amount of time. Driving in Lisbon was not too bad. But you could drop off your car then take public transportation around the city.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spain An Upcoming Adventure

In response to when will I be in Spain

will arrive Sept 18th and I depart from Lisbon Sept 28th.

I am trying to change my flights to arrive a day earlier and/or depart a day later.

Thanks,

RLynn

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,427 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spain An Upcoming Adventure

RLynn

Daft question, really, but if you are able to delay your arrival in Barcelona by a few days you will coincide with the amazing Merce festival which includes the Mostra de Vins y Cavas - a rather lovely outdoor wine and food festival in the Port Vell area. You can learn a lot about Spains premier sparkling wine and the range of wines from the Penedes region.

It will happen sometime around 20th-24th September. We've a bit of info about previous Merce festivals on our website, www.avengerpenguins.com and hunting around the site you should see some pics from our visit to The Alhambra earlier this year. Definitely deserves it's place in everybodies list of 100 places to see before you die.

6. Re: Spain An Upcoming Adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 14, 2009