We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Hotels and Venere.com

Melbourne, Fla
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Barcelona Hotels and Venere.com

I am planning to go to Barcelona in May 07 and it seems every hotel i like and try to book is not available. There is one specific hotel that I would like to stay at and even their own website says n/a . BUT Venere.com says there is availabilty, it is the only website out of maybe 8 that i have checked that says so. Since I am a novice at booking online does anyone have any comments about this website? is it reputable? I'm skiddish about giving out my credit card number to a website i am not familiar with. Has anyone used Venere.com and if so what are your comments about it.?

I'd appreciate any feedback---------

Eswot

Melbourne,Fla

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Rec Barcelona
Hotel Rec Barcelona
#5 of 517 hotels in Barcelona
The Corner Hotel
The Corner Hotel
#7 of 517 hotels in Barcelona
Hotel Brummell
Hotel Brummell
#10 of 517 hotels in Barcelona
Blackrock
Level Contributor
25 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona Hotels and Venere.com

I booked a hotel in Seville with Venere last year and I found them to be entirely above board.I did not have to pay anything until we were checking out so I don't think you need worry as they have been around for a long time and are trustworthy.

Iris

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,413 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona Hotels and Venere.com

We've used venere a lot for bookings (in Italy mainly) and it's generally the first site I check out. Never had a problem with them and rates are good. I think they'll have rooms left in their allocation in this case.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
london/uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona Hotels and Venere.com

I've used 'venere' many times and never had any bad experience.

(efficient in location/directions,too) Funny enough, sometimes, you can get better offer via an agent than direct from a hotel. Also, the reason of the availability comes up as 'N/A' might be that some hotels' website cannot accept reservation so far in advance(same as airlines or train companies).

If you're happy with their offer just go for it... and ease your mind. All the best.

new york
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona Hotels and Venere.com

always check with the hotel after you make the reservation to see that they have it. you dont want to arrive and find out they dont.

5. Re: Barcelona Hotels and Venere.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 14, 2009