We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

We are staying at the above hotel. & while we there Barcelona are playing an away game. Is there a decent bar in the area for me & my 13 year old son to watch it?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

Hola Hong,

Now I am a bit confused. On your other post, you mentioned Hotel Axel. I guess you really mean the Azul?

There are lots of little bars and cafés around here. Just down the street, on the corner, you'll see the big Catalonia Plaza Hotel. It has a bar/cafe with a TV screen. Have a look on their website.

hoteles-catalonia.com/en/…

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

Thankyou ( again! ) for your help, i am very grateful. My phone has a spell check on it, which is a pain at times. Your replies are fantastic, thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

Thanks for saying thanks. I know what you mean about the spellcheck.

Your son might enjoy the food court in the basement of Las Arenas shopping centre as well as the circular outdoor terrace.

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g1969684-d2…

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

Would you recommend anything else apart from Boy Camp for my son? Thinking maybe the zoo, aquarium cable cars? He's pretty open minded & loves to travel & experience things. The above things I suggested could be more for a younger kid.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

Sorry, meant Nou Camp not boy camp! lol stupid spell check!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

Where do you live, Hong? The reason I ask is to understand what you've seen before and thus, what you have already experienced. Barcelona's aquarium is rather outdated; maybe 15 yrs ago, it was nice, but not anymore.

If you have time to read a guidebook, here's one written especially for teens:

amazon.com/Discovering-Barcelona-travel-guid…

My son is 14yo and here's what he would prob suggest:

- see lots of architecture, esp Casa Batllo, La Pedrera and the Sagrada Familia

- go to Parc Guell and the new high-tech Gaudi Experiencia (most kids of this generation like 3D and virtual reality stuff). www.gaudiexperiencia.com

- go to some Basque pintxo bars (Euskal Etxea, Maitea Taberna, Taktika Berri, Bilbao Berri) and choose your own food on a stick

- go see the Castellers (human towers) if they're performing

- get the shivers from the Haunted Past Night Walking Tour

runnerbeantours.com/barcelona-tours/…14

- see the Magic Fountain and eat some montaditos nearby at Quimet i Quimet or tapas at Lolita Taperia

- explore the food stalls (cooked and raw) at La Boqueria

- buy a FC Barcelona jersey (too expensive but very beautiful at 80+€)

Hope that helps.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

That's a fantastic reply thank you very much!

8. Re: bars near hotel Azul to watch football?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 17, 2014