We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Atlantis

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Atlantis

Does anyone know if there is a place in walking distance of this hotel to buy wine and whiskey? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Atlantis

Carrefour supermarket down Las Ramblas (5 mins walk) has a good selection of wines, beer and spirits.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,270 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Atlantis

Hola Nancy,

Sorry I don't know which shop would be closest to the hotel. For fancy stuff, you'll find some nice shops on Rambla de Catalunya.

To answer your pm question about the Aerobus, it's 5.90€ one-way (cheaper if you buy r/t but then you must hold on to the little ticket until your departure). The closest stop to your hotel is Universitat; just walk down carrer de Pelai and you'll see your hotel. On the way back to the airport, you'll need to go to the big stop in Placa de Catalunya. It's in front of El Corte Ingles dept store which has a very good selection of wine etc. You can get a 10% discount card by showing them your passport.

Check your plane ticket to see whether you fly out of Terminal 1 or 2. There are two Aerobuses that serve each terminal.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Atlantis

Thanks so much to both of you.. Taking a cruise from Barcelona and then flying back to Canada from Athens so don't have to worry about getting back to airport.TA has been such a big help in planning my Europe trip..

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,065 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Atlantis

Plan for long queues at the tills at Carrefour in Las Ramblas... all of you (tourists) go fetching there :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Atlantis

That is true, Enric, but I've found that you never wait more than about 5 mins so it's not too bad. ;-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Atlantis

5 mins not so bad.. I am on vaca...LOL

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Atlantis

Exactly, no rush when you're on vacation! ;-) And you can pick up other provisions from Carrefour like jamon (cured ham), tortilla (Spanish omelet)...ooh and try the Milka chocolate with Oreo cookies. Yum! And they have mini bottles of cava (sparkling wine - 3 for about €4.00 if I remember correctly, try the Codorniu brand which may cost a little bit more). The Atlantis is decent, nothing fancy, but clean and cosy. I've stayed 3 times already and am back soon. I can also recommend the Cafe Viena (turn left when you come out of the hotel) for flautas con jamon iberico, decent coffee (hotel coffee comes out of the machine) and fresh OJ.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,303 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Atlantis

Want to come on our Piromusical picnic, nicoleta? It looks like you have the menu all ready :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Atlantis

Yeah!!! :-) Is Vendimia on the Sunday still on?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,065 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Atlantis

... for great cured ham forget Carrefour (although they do have good ham too)... have a look at Andreu in L'Illa Diagonal or any of the shops of Enrique Tomás (there's one next to Pl. St. Jaume, in Carrer Ferran) or Cinco Jotas in Rambla Catalunya... :)