We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

I have booked both the flights and accommodation for my partners christmas present (surprise) only to find out that 2 of the 3 days we are there are national holidays. Does anyone have experience of having been there on the same dates? If so are we going to find a lot of places closed...bars, restaurants, shops, places of interest?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

Jess:

Many stores will be closed but restaurants will be open. Museums will be open. Many sights like the Sagrada Familia will be open. Be sure to book ahead for this church, reading the top question on the right panel.

Transportation will run normally.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

those 2 days will be very busy with domestic tourism as it's holidays all over spain, so lots of people go and visit barcelona for the long weekend (also lots of ppl from barcelona will go somewhere else...) so get hotel and tickets in advanced

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

Thankyou so much. I appreciate your reply.

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

Thankyou so much. I appreciate your help.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

Actually, many stores will be OPEN, as this is the start of Christmas season. A busy weekend in all senses!

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

Thankyou so much. I appreciate your help.

Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

A lot of shops will be closed but shopping centres normally open these two days. If you have time, I reccomend you to visit the Medieval Market which takes place during these days in Vic, a small city only one hour from Barcelona by R3 train.

8. Re: National holidays on Dec 6th and 8th 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 09, 2014