We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
936 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

We will be in Barcelona in early November. Have reservation both at the H10 Universitat on Placa Catalunya and the Raco del Pi in the Gothic Quarter. Would prefer the Raco del Pi but my question is: Since it is November and sunset is around 17:45 would the H10 on Placa Catalunya be a safer selection. Both get about the same reviews and the rates I got were similar (less at Raco del Pi). Last time were were in Spain was in May. It stayed light much longer into the evening and we had no concerns walking the narrow streets of Sevilla and Granada late at night. It was also warmer and the streets were always crowded. Just wondering what the experts feel about November.

muchas gracias,

Marty

NYC

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
new york
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

i am not an expert but have been to barcelona often and even in summer your instinct is correct.

US
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

I would choose the H10 without question.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,421 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

Racodel Pi is at top end of Gothic quarter in an area I would say is safe. Street life goes on till late here anyway; shops in centre open till 8.30 or 9pm, then people go out to eat, so wouldn't have any concerns on that.

H10 is not on Plaça Catalunya (there is an H10 there, called catalunya Plaça if I remember right). It is on Ronda Universitat towards Plaça Universitat. Busy street with lots of bus stops, not very attractive really whereas area round Carrer del Pi is really pretty.

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
936 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

Thanks Lynda,

You are correct. The Hotel H10 Universitat is on Ronda Universitat.

If I follow you....that would be like staying on 42nd Street in NYC.

We would be better off at the Hotel H10 Raco del Pi in the Gothic Quarter and November would not be an issue in our decision.

Marty

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
330 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

If it's not too late, check out Jazz Hotel. Very close to Plaza Catalunya and close to Las Ramblas. I love NYC by the way!

Mentioned in this post
Rotterdam
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

I would opt for the H10 Placa Catalunya. It's location is the nerve center of Barcelona. Have been there last weekend and can really recommend the hotel. Greets and have a nice stay in Barcelona!

Rotterdam
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

You might also check out this link: www.h10hotels.com/eng/detalle_hotel.php

Rotterdam
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

Or better this one: www.h10hotels.com/eng/detalle_hotel.php (the link in my former response causes php sql errors)

9. Re: Hotel on Placa Catalunya or in Barri Gotic (in November)????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 13, 2009