We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BCN to Hotel Espana Las Ramblas

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BCN to Hotel Espana Las Ramblas

Hello TA Family,

I will be traveling to Barcelona span on September 13, 2013 and am curious to know what your opinion on the best route from BCN airport to my hotel is. I am staying at the Hotel Espana Las Ramblas. Is it better to take a cab or use the metro? Not sure if shuttle is the better option here maybe. The hotel's website does not really specify a preferred method.

I appreciate your help! I don't know what I would do without all the helpful information I have read.

Thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BCN to Hotel Espana Las Ramblas

My personal option would be to take Aerobus at the airport to Pl Catalunya then walk down Las Ramblas. Simple and uncomplicated.

Cost for two: 11€. Taxi would cost you 25-30€ and other options, such as bus 46 then a metro to the hotel, train to Passeig de Gràcia then a bus, etc... while they'd save you money (you could pay as little as 2€ for two with a T-10 travel card) they're not as uncomplicated so to speak.

But again, this is me: when I am going to an unfamiliar city I like to mingle and use public transportation but on arrival I am wishing to get to the hotel/apartment as fast as possible and with little fuss to leave the luggage and maybe have a shower.

Note though that my advice above will leave you, as I say, in Pl Catalunya... about 1/2 mile from your hotel.

Edited: 3:00 pm, August 19, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BCN to Hotel Espana Las Ramblas

Hola septemberbride,

I've stayed at the Hotel Espanya and taken the Aerobus+ walk, as described by Enric. The 2 pedestrian paths are often busy so walk down the centre (don't miss a stop at the famous Canaletes fountain - one drop and you're hooked on Barcelona forever). After the Liceu metro station, veer right into the alley near Hostal Mare Nostrum. That will be carrer de Sant Pau. It's a bit dark but the section up to the Espana is really okay. Further along, you may see some Ladies of the Night but they won't bother you.

The hotel has a nice restaurant and bar with a lot of original Modernist decor.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,375 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BCN to Hotel Espana Las Ramblas

Arriving jetlagged maybe? I personally would get a cab, there's plenty of time to experience public transport later on.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: BCN to Hotel Espana Las Ramblas

Hola,

Thank you all very much for your help! It seems like we will be arriving right around sunset so I think in the interest of time and complexity we may take a cab. I will keep your notes on the Aerobus however in the event I am wrong about the timing.

Muchas gracias again! We could not be more excited to visit.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BCN to Hotel Espana Las Ramblas

Hi im heading Barca way in January and looking for the best and central hotel. The espana looks good. Is it 4 star as stated - is it up to standard. Any other info would be welcome.

Thanks.

Michael Comerford, Ireland

6. Re: BCN to Hotel Espana Las Ramblas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 07, 2014