We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport bus

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
airport bus

Hi, I've searched through the history of this forum regarding this topic, but I can't find the specific question/answer I am looking for.

I intend to use the Airport Bus A2 from T2 to Placa Catalunya to my hotel (Hotel Granvia). How do I purchase the bus tickets? Are the bus stops announced before the bus reaches them and in what way (ie Loud Speaker/screen?)? I read that the passenger needs to press the stop button for the stop they want as the bus doesn't stop at all stops en route.

I also understand that Hotel Granvia is within walking distance from the bus stop at Placa Catalunya. Am I right?

Many thanks in advance!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: airport bus

Hi Idyc,

1.) Get the ticket on the bus -I believe it's 5.90€ p.p.

2.) There are only three stops, the latter being Plaça Catalunya, but yes, they announce them on the loud speaker.

3.) Don't worry, as per 2.), your stop is end of the line and most tourists descent there too.

4.) Yes, about 5', literally simply take Passeig de Gràcia (a big boulevard in front of the bus stop) facing towards Collserola Hills, turn right on the second street -another big boulevard- an you're in Gran Via (for info, full name is: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes), then walk about 100m and you're there! (*)

(*) For info, and for your amusement too, if you look at the map of Barcelona (the printed ones, not Google!), the south bound is the Mediterranean Sea and the north bound are the Collserola Hills (or "mountains", as locals call them). When giving directions locals tend to use the expression "sea side" or "mountain side" in order to let you know which side of the street you should be looking at to find where you're going. Thus, I should have said to you: "Hotel Gran Via is at Gran Via, 642, 'sea side'" and this would translate that, on the printed map, the hotel is on the 'southern' part of the street. Does it make any sense to you?

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport bus

as you come out of the airport (T2) turn left for the airport bus

don't follow the signs for the bus/coach park (by turning right) as we did

the bus stops practically right outside the airport terminal (just before halfway, i'd say)

the bus has a specific stop, it won't stop for you anywhere else (again we fell for this) by trying to flag it down

the driver indicated to go back to the bus stop

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport bus

Thanks everyone for your reply! Both have more than adequate information I had hoped for! Thanks for the tips with the bus stop at the airport!

Enric: I think I understand what you mean, as the beach/sea is at the end of the las ramblas, and I guess the hotel is on the side of the street that's closest to the sea or nearer to las ramblas? I'll need to get a map to have a look! But thanks for your detailed directions!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airport bus

Got it right Idyc! but not "to Las Ramblas", but to the sea... as Las Ramblas is perpendicular to the sea and the expression is used for any street in Barcelona that's parallel to the sea.

Once you see a map of Barcelona it'll all make sense at once... …bcn.cat/Guiamap/…GuiaMartorell

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport bus

How do we find out whether our flight comes in to terminal 1 or 2? Also does the airport bus take credit cards?

Thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: airport bus

You can't pay with ccard on the bus for practical reasons (not for you of course, for the rest of the passengers waiting to board) but you can use a ccard if you buy the tickets on the vending machines in T2. Get more info here: barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/trans…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport bus

Top Question with Google map that can generate a walking route to your hotel from the Aerobus stop.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c175156/Barce…

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport bus

Just thought of something about airport bus too... so when I want to return to the airport from Plaça Catalunya, is it from the same stop I would have got off at when I arrived from the airport? (outside El Corte Inglés?)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: airport bus

Yep.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
45 reviews