We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrating my birthday in Barcelona.. on a Monday!!!!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrating my birthday in Barcelona.. on a Monday!!!!

Hi!

I hope someone can help! We are travelling for the very first time to Barcelona in August to celebrate my 30th.

Annoyingly my birthday falls on a Monday which after reading this forum it seems a lot of the city shuts.. Is this still the case in August at the peek of tourists?

We will be looking for some family friendly activities to do that day as we are travelling with our three year old. My birthday theme I am hoping includes Sangria so if anyone can recommend child friendly bars that will also be open on the Monday that would really help :-)

Thank you x

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Barcelona
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Barcelona Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
BrightSide
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours
Barcelona Segway Glides
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,651 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrating my birthday in Barcelona.. on a Monday!!!!

What date in August? And no - from a tourist perspective, the city doesn't shut. If you're looking for a hardware shop or perhaps a local computer repairer, then there's a chance they will be taking their annual holidays.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrating my birthday in Barcelona.. on a Monday!!!!

lol no deffo wont be needing to do any DIY! I was so worried that Barcelona would suddenly become a ghost town... maybe I'm over reacting a little bit then ;-)

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,651 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrating my birthday in Barcelona.. on a Monday!!!!

Yep, but the date is important. They might be laying on something special for you, especially if your birthday is in the latter half of the month.

4. Re: Celebrating my birthday in Barcelona.. on a Monday!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 31, 2014