We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barceloneta to Park Guell

Crawley UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Barceloneta to Park Guell

Dear all

I am planning to do Montjuic and Barceloneta in one day,

Plan is to go to Montjuic via Paral.lel and funicular and come back to Barceloneta via the teleferico.

However it's not entirely clear to me what's the best way of going to Park Guell from Barceloneta.

I would prefer a way which directly takes one to the entrance of Park Guell without having to walk much as I am traveling with my 10 year old daughter and she would already have had a lot of walking to do at Montjuic.

Many thanks

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

I am taking my 12 yeard old there this summer. Had no courage to start learning the bus routes. The metro does not help much, Lesseps is the closest station and quite far a way. The Bus Turistic, hop on hop off bus, stops at both of the locations, but you would have to switch at Placa Catalunya (the red line takes you from around the Barceloneta area to Placa Catalunya stop, and the blue route from there). It's quite expensive, but the plus side is that you can just sit and watch as long as you like.

We are going to ride the turistic bus to the Parc Guell. Back from the park, I think we'll just take the taxi.

Crawley UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

Hi MM77

Thanks for your helpful advice.

But I was wondering, that if the ho ho bus is expensive, then would it not be better to just take a cab from Barceloneta to Parc Guell and back to the hotel from Parc Guell?

I didn't really want to waste time sitting in traffic and stopping at each stop of the ho ho bus.

What do you think?

Edited: 4:32 pm, May 26, 2013
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

The taxis are relatively cheap, so it's not a bad idea at all (unless you wanna see the sights).

The ho ho bus was 47,70 for the two of us (2 days). 3 or maybe 4 shortish cab rides?

Crawley UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

Thank you.

I think I will go for the taxi.

Crawley UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

Dear MM77

After a bit more detailed look at the itinerary and the hoho bus times, I think I've changed my mind to get on the hoho bus after all.

My plan is to start in the morning around 9:30 and take te red route from placa catalunya and explore Montjuic till about 4 pm. Then go back to placa catalunya via the red route , change over to the blue route and go to park Guell and reach thre by 6 pm. Have a look around and leave by 7:30 so can catch the last ble bus back to passo de gracia. I think this will help in also exploring mont juic as it seems quite spread out.

If you would like to correct my times, please do so, if you have already done Parc Guell .

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

I am just planning myself at this time, so my knowledge on the matter is like "oh, I found this on the internet" ;)

For the itineraries etc, gigismum and other experts have given valuable comments to many people.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

Hola globetrotterPK,

The best way to get from Barceloneta to Parc Guell without walking much is by taxi. :-). It's not a typical route.

Are you still sticking to your plan of spending 2.5 days in Barcelona? Barceloneta to Parc Guell would not be my 1st choice. With so little time in town, grouping your sightseeing by location saves time and energy. For example, I would combine the Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell since they are relatively nearby.

I recall you are not interested in seeing Gaudi's various architectural gems but if you were, I would suggest you use all or part of the Gaudi 1-day DIY Walking Tour. It includes tips on transportation between the sights.

To answer your question re: Barceloneta to Parc Guell with limited walking, you could:

1) take the L4 metro from Barceloneta to Joanic (6 stops), then transfer to bus 116 for 5 stops; or

2) take the L4 metro to Urquinaona, walk to Placa de Catalunya, then transfer to bus 24.

Google maps are pretty useful for in-town transportation planning. Just input Passeig de Joan de Borbo as your Origin and Parc Guell as your destination. Click "Get Destination".

More info in these Top Questions. Btw, the Transbordador Aeri del Port is the one that flies over the harbour to/from Montjuic and Barceloneta. The teleferic is sthg else (pls see Top Q - Cable Cars & Funiculars).

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-c153886/Bar…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-d190624/Barce…

Hola Mrs_MM77, I'll be in Helsinki this summer! ;-)

Edited: 12:16 am, May 27, 2013
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

Hola Gigismum (or should I say Terve)!

Welcome to Helsinki! If you need any tips.. ;-)

Crawley UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

Dear gigismum

Thank you for so much info.

I ve planned the following itinerary, as best I could , depending on what I wanted to see,

I would welcome any suggestions to tweak it around . But please note that I've already booked advanced tickets for sagrada familia and La Pedrera so that cannot be changed

Day 1 (Thursday) arrive in barcelona hotel by 5 pm , the spend the evening own paseo de gracia

Day2: Placa de Catalunya, La Ramblas, La Boqueria, La Seu cathedral till afternoon. Then go,to Sagrada Familia (entry booked between 5-6 pm)

Day3: Montjuic in the morning till afternoon. Parc Guell evening. (I couldn't see how else to fit in Prc Guell )

Day4: Montserrat

Day5: Dayntrip to Sitges

Day6: La Pedrera in the morning then fligh back home in the afternoon :(

With all the foregoing discussion, I am planning to just take the bus touristic on day 3, go around Montjuic (mainly interested in Miro foundation, Poble Espanyol , photos around MNAC and fountain and cactus garden if possible), then travel the red route to paca Catalunya and transfer to blue route to do to apart Guell.

I would value your comments about th itinerary. Also please can you suggest good eating places in the venues I've mentioned?

Many thanks for your help!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barceloneta to Park Guell

Terve Mrs_MM77! Thank you very much! :-)

globetrotterPK,

What is the nearest metro station to your hotel? Is it Passeig de Gracia? I want to give you specific ideas for moving around town as well as an exact bus stop.